The day after Christmas, we flew to Florida for the McMillan biennial get together. My father in law rented a beach house (bless him!) so we could be in the same place and it was a wonderful time! The house itself was absolutely amazing-- we're talking grand piano, elevator, showers with multiple shower heads-- it was truly luxurious. Gideon even had his very own walk in closet room with a window! It was, of course, nice to be living large, but more importantly, we all got to spend quality time together all day and after the kids went to bed. 4 out of 5 of Neal's siblings were there with their families, and the house with filled with a constant joyful noise (there are 13 grandchildren!) I am so blessed to have such delightful, welcoming, and loving in-laws. The only hard thing was the McMillans are all night owls--while I am NOT, especially since baby G wakes up at 7 at the latest. I was pretty consistently the first one to call it a night, but I'm pretty sure they still love me. Anyway, it was a week of delightful company, DELICIOUS food, and lots of relaxation.
As much as G loves water, he didn't enjoy having his tootsies dunked in the frigid ocean, as seen here:
Yeah, he didn't trust me after this, as seen here:
Maybe because I thought it was hilarious. He hung out with Papa after that, as seen here:
Okay, so obviously G didn't love the actual ocean part of the trip. He did, however, love hanging out with his cousins:
Doesn't he just look enthralled?? Clearly these babies loved hanging out. G also loved his Grandma:
And eating my flip flop. I know, gross.
I really wish I would have gotten a picture of G's face after he had his first bite of sugar cookie-- oh man, he grinned and grinned! He's already got his Mama's sweet tooth, I can tell.
Thanks again to my wonderfully generous father in law for making this trip possible!!!!
3 comments:
looks like a great trip! I really like the picture of Neal's parents.
(cali)
Yes, I like that photo, too. Hi, Karyn and Dave! Wonderful family time. Fun to see Gideon on this new adventure ;-D
That child of yours looks just like his Dad.
Post a Comment