Life is great!!!! I think part of the reason I'm hesitant to blog is a) I've been watching "Bones" on Netflix (gotta be honest here) b) I'm not as witty as I once was (I blame lack of sleep!!!!) and c) all I really have to say is MY BABY IS THE CUTEST and MY HUSBAND IS THE BEST and I thought some of you might be sick of this. Apparently not.
Some of you, dear readers, might be thinking to yourselves "did she just mention LACK OF SLEEP? Whaaaaat? Wasn't this the girl with the angel baby who slept through the night at 8 weeks?!?" While that is true, it's also true that Gideon is regressing... a lot. It all started with mobility. Since G has been able to roll around, he has been less interested in sleeping, and more interested in rolling around his crib and then melting down out of exhaustion. We still swaddle (the kids is a swaddle junkie!!!), but even the straightjacket doesn't seem to help..... Then he started teething (2 bottom teeth to date). Then we went to Seattle for Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful trip on sooo many levels, but G's sleeping wasn't one of those. Also on the trip he got a little cold, which turned into croup. And croup turned us into the biggest softie parents in the WORLD (leaping out of bed at his first bark, nursing 10 times a night..you get the idea.) All this to say, I can now relate to everyone! Hooraaaaay. Except life was better when he slept through the night, I must admit. ;) Luckily he is so cute it *almost* makes up for it. Thus far, we can only stand hearing him cry for 5 minutes before we go in and sing/pat/nurse/rock/bounce but it's getting old fast. Don't tell Neal I told you, but he's about ready to put G in the car at night. ;) Part of the problem is we're still rocking the one bedroom apartment, and I'll tell you what, there's no escaping G's coughs/cries/screams/grunts/growls. We are looking to move as soon as we find a place.
Okay enough about how my baby is no longer perfect in every way. We are doing great as a family, and are very excited about CHRISTMAS! Those of you who know me will find it no surprise that we decked our halls the day after our Thanksgiving trip and have been blasting Christmas music, making Christmas treats, and going crazy on amazon.com in anticipation for the big day. LOOOOOOOOVE holidays!!!! And now, a year in photos:
JANUARY: yeah.. I got nothing. According to my pictures, January didn't even exist.
FEBRUARY: I start getting huge
MARCH: Baby showers begin
APRIL: Mom and Dad visited and I'm huge.
MAY: My birthday, oh, and G was born too. ;)
JUNE: G is unimpressed with his mama and goes to his first musical at Wolftrap
JULY: Peach picking tradition continues with G and family vacation to Shenandoah
AUGUST: G's blessing and Utah trip
SEPTEMBER: Taylor visits
NOVEMBER: Freezing family photos and Seattle

DECEMBER: G gets the hang of self portraits
We've had a GREAT year and feel very blessed!
9 comments:
Cutest picture ever, live G's sweet round face!! So sorry your baby is keeping you up. We had croup with our babies (they turned blue and stopped breathing), so I feel your stress. Though I got pretty casual after a few years. I remember Brian's sister Cheryl was spending a weekend with us when Meg had croup in the night. Cheryl heard the baby and was immediately on the phone to call 911. Thought I was a terrible parent when I was calm, saying this isn't as bad as it gets... Runs in the family, sorry! Meg was even hospitalized for croup at age 11 in Phoenix in the summer. My doctor had me keep a steroid Rx on hand.
I can't believe you held out posting that giraffe picture for so long! He is adorable.
The giraffe picture is my favorite too! He's so stinkin' cute!
Yay! Nice update. And don't worry, even when you are talking about the babe/the husband, it is always interesting and fun to read because of the way you write. Oh, and, I guess- welcome to regular life with babies. :) I hate when they get sick once and then don't sleep well for months afterward.
even when he's not sleeping, baby G is still the best! and super cute :) hope life perks up for you soon, it does get better. Besides, things get funnier when you get so little sleep that you're loopy...
We got your card. Thank you! We love it and loved seeing all of you. The 7-8 month old sleep regression is normal. I think most babies have a hard time at that age. If you need moral support for CIO if and when you decide to go that route, just let me know. It is magic at our house.
Cute! can't wait to meet him :).
Great post. Almost worth the wait. Gideon is fabulous and so sorry the little critter isn't sleeping well. Loved seeing you, Neal and Gideon a few weeks ago.
My kids all became horrible sleepers all over again once they hit about 5-6 months. They were way worse than the newborn stage. He'll grow out of it. One bedroom would SUCK. I would put my kid in the bathroom. Good luck, Hannah. I promise you won't die from it (even though you might want too.)
I'm not witty and I can't even blame it on lack of sleep. Maybe I wasn't even witty to begin with? There's a thought.
Post a Comment