Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Virginia Beach trip!

Hello people! It's been a while since I blogged, and I'm pretty sure that the blog-o-sphere really missed me, RIGHT?!? Anyway, so life is really great. Mr. G-man gets cuter BY THE VERY MINUTE I'm pretty sure, and he can do all sorts of tricks now. well, as many tricks as a five month old can do-- rolling, scooting, drooling, that kind of thing. He is getting a *smidgen* too small for his 6 month sleepers and I'm in serious denial. I mean, I know he's totally gigantic and chubby and all that but SERIOUSLY!?!? I get really sad and sentimental every time I have to put away his baby(er) clothes. AND I just got some 9 month sized clothes out and they look HUUUUUUGE. Okay enough nostalgia... it suffices to say that I'm not ready for him to grow up and eat solids and wear 9 month clothes. Moving on. I have a lot to catch up on, so I'll start with our trip to Virginia Beach:
We took a quick beach trip a few weeks ago and it was pouring rain, crazy windy, and pretty cold. Of course we all still got in the water-- poor G didn't even have a choice, but he loves water so he was fine with it. We still enjoyed ourselves and no one got sunburned. It was quite tricky to take pics, what with the wind and the rain, and Neal's gigantic finger..... (and of course I didn't yell at Neal for this later... remember I'm chill now?)

As you can see, Gideon is fine with it.
In this one he's thinking "are you guys seriously forcing me to be out at the beach in these conditions?!?!?" It really was one of those times where my extended family motto fits perfectly: WE'RE HAVING FUN, DAMMIT!!!!!* Stay tuned for the Utah trip post as well as Taylor on the East Side!


*excuse my "French".... I know, I should have typed "we're having fun, zut alors!" then it REALLY would have been French!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Fun trip

Sharon said...

and Gideon looks great! So do you guys :)

I didn't mean to make two comments

Amylee said...

Sometimes damn just fits. Embrace it. I LOVE the motto!

Anonymous said...

Haha, looks really fun... Fun update! Zut alors. heh heh

kalie said...

Hi Han! Just wait ... one day you will go in to get G from his nap and lo and behold he will be a full-on toddler. And then you can excuse yourself to cry copious tears mourning the loss of your baby. And the clothes. THE CLOTHES! I am absolutely positive I have already spent hundreds (yes, HUNDREDS) of dollars on clothes for this kid, only through 2T. But he looks so cute!!! I can't help myself.

lashlover said...

love it! Look at how baby G is changing you. I swear more now, than ever. Its sad really. I thought kids were supposed to bring out the best in us?