Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gideon's 4 month stats!


Hello people, I know, I've been a blogging slacker.... without further ado, here are G's 4 month stats.

WEIGHT: 18.5 pounds. (>95%) yeah.... this kid is HUGE! I was very validated whilst in Utah to hear my sisters say "wow-- I'm already feeling sore from holding him!!!!" He weighs as much as a 10 month old, but can't support himself like one.
LENGTH: 26 inches (90%) oh man, he's already getting fatter than he is long!
HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE: does anyone care? I don't remember but it was 90%. This kid is huge across the board.
LIKES: his Mama, his Papa, eating, his exersaucer (so cute!!!), pulling my hair (AAAAAAH!), reaching out for toys, chewing on his hands, Prianka, ATTENTION (like his Mama), people singing to him (especially the song "Sweetest Little Fella"), being in water, going on walks, sleeping, his plug, his owl toy, when his Marmie does "This is the way the ____ rides" and bounces him, when his Grandma McMillan talks to him (he talked back to her more than I've ever seen!)
MEH: rolling over. (He does not do this consistently yet, and I'm not worried. How many times have you seen Jabba the Hut roll over?), belly gumming, when people try too hard to get him to laugh
DISLIKES: being ignored, being forced to sleep before he's ready, sitting on our laps for long periods of time (this became obvious during Stake Conference), being burped between sides, when Mama is obsessed with the snot sucker (sorry kid!), shots

What a joy this little one is in our lives. He had a few rough days after we got back from our 2 week UT vacation, but now seems to be back on schedule (PHEW!). It has been a little weird not to be going back to school this month, but I wouldn't trade my time with him for anything in the world! It was so fun to be in Utah with him and introduce him to my friends and family--more on that later. WE LOVE THIS LITTLE CHUBSTER!

10 comments:

Taylor said...

Hurray for Gideon. We love him. oh, and BTW, when I checked on Asher's blog post to compare sizes, I noticed that at 4 months Asher was still sleeping with US.. .in our bed. that was the only way he would sleep longer then 20 minutes. Ha.

josh said...

Gideon is adorable. I asked Piper who the picture was and she replied "my cousin." (cali)

ClaysJenna said...

Seriously, he is SO adorable!! JJ was always always always in the 95 or so %tile at 4 months he was 17lbs 3 oz and 25 3/4 in long so very very close to your little one :) Chubby babies really are the best, in my opinon :)

*Meg Larsen* said...

and he is so adorable! miss you guys. come visit AZ when it's nice this winter....?

Kaitie Jayne said...

His is such a cute little guy! I still can't believe that he weighs more than Lucy! Go Gideon!!

Lisa said...

Cute Baby! So I feel bad, because I had every intention of planning a BBQ with friends while you were here and I totally spaced! I blame pregnancy! Sorry! Are you coming around Christmas time?? If so, we will plan the Christmas party when you are here!

Amylee said...

Um, you forgot to mention cuteness percentile >95%. That's the most important one. You must be sleep deprived or something (except that I know you're not because I know he's an excellent sleeper, so therefore I refer back to my theory that when you nurse a little big of the brain goes out the boob).

I'm so so so glad you get to stay at home. It's by far the best. They grow so quickly that you would miss out on so much if you only got to see him for a couple of hours a day!

Rich and Brianne said...

I seriously want to squish his cheeks! He's adorable. Yay for babies!

kalie said...

He's so adorable!

Aubrey said...

18.5 pounds at 4 months. Holy cow! I can't believe that. Mine is almost 18 months and 22 pounds. He's going to easily pass her by. He's such a little cutie!