Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our New Place

So, people have been asking for pictures of our new place. Honestly, it's usually not clean enough to take pictures of-- judge if you will. Gideon can dump out all his toys, pull all of the dvds/books of the bookcases, and empty out the end table drawers before I can even turn the camera on...see???

kind of depressing, really. Although I am sad to be living in a complex, (as opposed to a neighborhood) it is SOOO nice to have, you know, a bedroom. Yes, we gave Gideon our room in our old place, and it was totally worth it. BUUUUUT it's nice to have more rooms! Space wise, our new place is only 150 square feet bigger. But instead of one giant room and a bedroom, there are many rooms. It's a cute little 2 bed/2 bath condo in Oakton, Virginia. And yes, having 2 bathrooms is just as amazing as I dreamed it would be!

Here is our living room. It's nice and spacious, and I LOVE having a "sunroom" which you can see in the pic (between the 2 sets of sliding glass doors) to keep our jogging stroller, bike, etc. instead of having them in our living room.
This is our kitchen and breakfast nook. I love it! Off to the left is our washer/dryer, a utility/storage closet, and a pantry. I love having a pantry! The oven, fridge, sink, microwave, and tile are all brand new. Oh, and the carpet is brand new. Honestly, the things that AREN'T brand new, are pretty old, but at least some stuff is new!

Here is our "dining room," which as you can see, is not being used for that purpose. You can also see a utility/storage closet, as well as "Gideon's" bathroom. My friend came over the other day and asked if she could use "his Majesty's bathroom." haha. There is a linen closet across from the utility/storage closet.
Here you can see the... wait.... what is that? A HALLWAY!?!?! yes, I was very excited excited to have a hallway! (Again, in case you forgot, our last place was like a studio with a bedroom.) The bedroom you can see in to at the end of the hall is our room.
Here is Gideon's room. I got Alphabet wall stickers and I absolutely love them!!!
A close up-- kind of washed out, but you can see the cute letters!
Here is our room-- it's quite large, although you can't really tell. Also crazy about this picture is that our super expensive and classy curtains just look like a sheet tucked into the blinds-- weird..... We also have a walk-in closet and a bathroom. I LOVE having a bathroom in our room! (For those of you who know me well, you can see why having a bathroom so close is very convenient for me!)

I'm also happy to say that Neal's HIDEOUS gnome has been banished to the patio. (I was hoping it would get "lost" in the move, but I was out of town, and Neal's movers weren't easily bribed on this front.)

We have plenty of room for guests-- come on out and see it for yourselves! And now, I shall leave you with another reason to come out to the DC area:
GORGEOUS! Wish you were here!!!

7 comments:

DGri said...

I am here! I love the place! I look forward to getting together soon. Love that you're back in my life (in the flesh!). xoxo

*Meg Larsen* said...

glad you have space for visitors because we're coming your way! (sans kids, of course). As soon as Eric and I are actually in the same room at a time when our brains are still functioning, we're booking our trip out East. Probably the last weekish of May (hello, birthday time!)

Taylor said...

Thanks for posting these. Your place looks great and the alphabet stickers are totally cute.

Melanie said...

Your place looks wonderful! 'Can't wait to visit!

Unknown said...

so happy for you guys to have, you know, a bedroom. and a washer/dryer! i had three kids before i had that luxury. :)

Amylee said...

Your kitchen and my kitchen look similar. Funny how I complain about how tiny mine is all of the time. I need to grow up and be grateful! And then, when I am grown up, I need to book a flight to DC to come hang out in those blossoms.

Amylee said...

Your kitchen and my kitchen look similar. Funny how I complain about how tiny mine is all of the time. I need to grow up and be grateful! And then, when I am grown up, I need to book a flight to DC to come hang out in those blossoms.