Monday, May 14, 2012
My sweet one
Seeing all these Mother's Day posts has made me feel very tender about my sweet one, my Gideon. I have always loved babies and kids, (you kind of have to if you teach Kindergarten!) and it came as no surprise when I loved my sweet one more than I could have possibly imagined. What did come as a surprise (other than how long it took to push him out---gaaaaaah) was how natural it all felt. When they placed Gideon on my chest after he was born, I felt a feeling I have never felt before. I felt so full of love, of joy, and of tenderness. All I could do was weep and say to my baby "I love you, I love you" over and over.
Neal and I often compare the first few days home from the hospital with Gideon to our honeymoon. Everything felt so wonderful, so full of love, so perfectly meant to be, and so natural. Our house was full of love--more than we ever thought possible. I waited and waited for everything to "hit me" and cause me to totally freak out, but it never happened. Granted, Gideon may be the easiest baby in the history of the world, which I know helped me out SO MUCH in feeling like a natural Mother, instead of a sleep deprived zombie. Those first few days and weeks, I just felt so full of love for my sweet one; my cup runneth over. In the months that have passed, I still feel that same love, and I know it will only intensify. My dad wrote me a letter for my birthday, and in it he said "it tickles me to hear you talk about Gideon" and my mom has also mentioned how sweet it is to everyone that I am so enamored of my baby boy. I can't help myself-- I have so much love for him it spills out in everything I say!
The fact that I know I will feel these same feelings for another baby is enough to make me want to have another one, as crazy as that seems right now. Although, if it also takes me 2 hours to push out baby #2, we're done. ;) Happy Mother's Day to all-- past, present and future mothers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Beautiful post, adorable mother and baby ;-D
Love. It's all such a miracle. And don't you worry, #2 will slide out much easier. Will I pushed for an hour and 15 minutes and Annie I pushed for 7. BIG. DIFFERENCE.
So tender, Hannah! It will be super fun when you make another baby, because you make DANG cute ones! Happy Mommy's day, friend!
Beautiful! You're a great mom. And you do have one cute kid to be proud of.
Hanni, I got tears in my eyes reading this. I love you and love how wonderful a mother you are. Happy times ~ come make some more memories with us soon.
What a beautiful post! G is so cute!
Post a Comment