Thursday, June 7, 2012

May holidays

Hello friends! I never know what to post about, especially if I've already put the pics on facebook.. you know what I'm saying? Anyway, since May is quite a month... I decided to blog about it.
First off, is G's birthday. He had a wonderful birthday! (we think) ;) We threw a little party for him, and it was really fun. Kudos especially to Steve and Stacey for driving all the way from Delaware just for the party! We are loved.
He loves owls!

We heart our friends

Family is the best!


It's hard to look cool with a messy face, but G is totally pulling it off.
My birthday weekend was great. Neal took my birthday off (the best present ever!) and we drove down to Virginia Beach. We used Neal's Marriott points to stay for free, and it was a great weekend. Other than getting sucked into a Time Share presentation... gaaaaaaaah-- a "90 minute no pressure presentation" that turned into a very stressful, shady, 3 hour ordeal.  NEVER AGAIN! The perks (50$ visa giftcard and a weekend stay) might not have even been worth it. Anyway. G loved the beach and was squawking excitedly the entire time. It was awesome. Gideon did try to get a free trip to the ER (croupy wheezing), but we denied him and handled it at our hotel with steam, a humidifier, and a mere 20 panicked phone calls to Dad.

I am very spoiled, and I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)


Nutella cookies for my birthday dessert!
Yes, I ate cookie dough. A lot of it. It was awesome.

G is getting so good at self portraits.
Mother's Day was great! Actually, most of it was spent in the car driving home from the beach. I should have really thought about the fact that a good part of my birthday AND Mother's Day would be spent driving to and from the beach... gaaaaaah. I am grateful for this little buddy every day!

Here is the only surviving picture from our AMAZING anniversary dinner at L'auberge chez François-- DELISH! It was seriously one of the most amazingly delicious meals of my entire life. (We lost the other pictures in the devastating XD card debacle of 2012.... I'm gonna take a sledgehammer to my camera the second I get a new one).
So yeah, May is a pretty great month for us. And by us I mean me. ;)

3 comments:

Taylor said...

You are amazing and deserve all the awesomeness. How did I not know about Gideon almost needing to go to the ER? and I love the last pic of you at the fancy eating place (don't judge me but I can't spell Restaurant and I usually can't even spell it well enough for spell check to guess what I am spelling--just attempting to write it took me about five minutes and consultation with my husband)

Amylee said...

"and by us I mean me." Love! Times a billion! Ha ha!

josh said...

Great month! Glad we could share in some of the festivities. (cali)