Friday, July 26, 2013

Waiting for the other shoe to drop....

Hey guys! I know I have been the worst blogger ever, but I really do want to get back into it. I like doing it, and I want to make more time for it. Anyway, enough about that. Let's talk about having 2 kids. Here is the first photo of both of them-- I love it! Gideon ran into the room and yelled "Baby Leah!!!!" It was adorable. And surprising, as we usually called her "baby girl" before she was born.
Okay so to be totally honest.... as the title suggest, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Having 2 kids has been absolutely amazing! Gideon is adjusting SO well, and loves Leah. Leah is a dream baby (slightly less of a dream than Gideon, but that's not saying much). She only wakes up once a night to nurse, and is a happy, smiley, and patient baby who gets doted on by her Mama, Daddy, and big brother. See?
Of course, alll this is not to say we don't have these moments: 
When I took this picture, I found the situation amusing-- enough so that I took a picture instead of crying myself. This same situation has since occurred several times and I didn't find it as amusing, believe me. 
To be honest, the hardest part about having 2 kids so far is the lack of alone time with Neal. I kind of like that guy, and the fact that one of us is always with baby girl in the evenings is a little rough.
Watching my 2 kids interact is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. It makes my heart burst with love, and almost brings tears to my eyes. I was super worried that Gideon would feel less loved after Leah was born, and I have felt very relieved that he seems no worse for the wear. . . so far anyway. ;) Gideon continues to be the cutest toddler on the planet, and I love him with my whole heart. And I'm very grateful that he is such an easy going, loving, cheerful, animated little boy.

So all in all, I think I'm adjusting pretty darn well! My house is never super clean, and I don't always make dinner, and I may occasionally complain about how tired I am and how I never get time for myself, but if we're being honest, that was sometimes the case before 2 kids! Don't judge me.....


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Adorable children, terrific parents!
We love you all so much!

Rich and Brianne said...

You really are adorable. Miss you so much. And two kids was a hard adjustment for me, but man I love them both so much. You are a wonderful mother!

Kristine said...

Totally judging, whatever Han. Ummmm, sure do miss you!!!!!!!!!!