Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sooooooooooooooooo

I'm totally terrible at blogging, but I also realized I'm totally terrible at documenting my life! So I want to be better. I'm mostly doing it for me, but feel free to ride along. Let's talk about my loves!

Gideon will be three in May-- I can barely believe it! He is my little buddy, and the absolute sweetest boy on the earth.
LIKES: undivided attention, carrots, reading books/having books read to him, cars (also Cars-- as in McQueen and Mater), dinosaurs, monsters, fruit snacks, preschool (we do a once a week co-op), talking while biting his bottom lip, smoothies, watching "somesing on the compoo-er", sitting on the counter while we make dinner, listening to "zugat" (music--we have no clue where he got zugat from, but it is darling), sleeping in his big boy bed, singing, jumping, all forms of treats (his Mama's son!), talking about his birthday ("It's my birthday, remember that, Mom?")
DISLIKES:  baths, (as in he screams when he hears the bath start running), naps (he hasn't napped regularly since Leah was born-- such a hater!!!!), his firetruck sweatshirt that HE chose at the store (no joke, if he won't choose clothes to wear, I tell him I'll chose for him and I'll chose his firetruck shirt.. nothing sends him scurrying to choose clothes faster), even so much as thinking about going pee or poop in a potty

Leah Love will be 9 months old in March. She is the biggest sweetheart alive!
LIKES: attention, all food except peas, spatulas, pastry brushes, whisks, her jumperoo (that thing is worth it's weight in gold!!!), baths/showers, her plug, pulling my hair while nursing, shrieking and squealing, biting things/people, looking straight up at the ceiling/sky, dancing, shrugging her shoulders,
DISLIKES: sleeping more than 3 hour stretches in the night (!), being alone in a room, rolling over, even so much as attempting to crawl, the song "Let it Go" for whatever reason


                         

Neal turned 31 in December, and is the best husband ever.
LIKES: cooking, golf, sports, dreaming about getting a big screen TV, buying Leah onesies that say "Surrender the Booby" on them, sleeping through all of Leah's night wakings, going to Kohls, eating moltens, and massaging his sweet, hardworking wife every day
DISLIKES: when Han is sick for long periods of time, driving home from work when he can't use the HOV lane, Gideon talking while biting his bottom lip, his receding hairline, mint flavored chocolate, scuffing his shoes, people who don't think he's funny

Hannah turns 30 in May (!) and is the most amazing wife/mother/friend on earth, just ask her.
LIKES: her 2 darling children and wonderful husband, that there is a deli that sells Junior's Cheesecake minutes from her home, homemade treats, good workouts, dark chocolate, when she can breathe through her nose, reading, girls nights, all things France and French (okay, except escargot. I convinced myself that I like it in France, but let's be honest.... YUCK)
DISLIKES: being sick for 4 solid days and counting, Leah waking up every 2-3 hours in the night, stretchmarks, running whilst pushing 2 kids, not being able to justify eating homemade treats all day every day, and not being able to stop watching really disturbing shows (The Following!)

so there you have it folks, the McMillans!!!!!


5 comments:

Neal! said...

I'm just glad that dreams come true

Neal! said...

I'm just glad that dreams come true

Shelley said...

Shelley's likes. When Hannah blogs. Loved this. Love your cute family.

Harmony said...

I sure do love the McMillan family from afar. Also, I'm totally a tiny bit terrified to have multiple children when I read things like that Gideon has rebelled against napping!! Gah! And about bath time...maybe try blowing bubbles in the bathtub. We only get fodies bubbles out for bath time and they float on the water and are lots of fun. Fodie used to dislike baths too. He wouldn't sit down when he bathed, that little turd. But now he likes it! Success! Oh, and I hope Leah sleeps at night someday. Fodie was the same. But it just makes the good, long stretches of sleep feel even more special these days. Good luck! You're a great mommy!

Rich and Brianne said...

I support your goal to document your life more. I like when you blog.