Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our Wedding Day!


Okay, so I got the pro photos back, and wanted to post. Seriously, WHAT AN AMAZING DAY! The weather was gorgeous, Neal looked fabulous (and so did yours truly, if I say so myself) and loads of our family and friends came from all over the country to be there! Here's a brief schedule of the day.


5:15 Hannah is relieved when her alarm goes off because HELLO, she didn't sleep a wink!
6:00 Hannah gets her hair done
7:15 Hannah is running out the door of the hair salon as Ruthie is chasing her down with bobby pins
7:30 On route to the temple, Neal rolls out of bed---lucky!
8:00 Get to the temple, as they're walking in, Mom says "Hannah, I forgot my recommend, I'm not kidding. That's so funny! I kept on reminding you to get yours and I forgot mine... haha
8:00 Hannah does NOT think that is funny in the least and freaks out--she looks nothing like the picture above.
8:08 Temple worker hands Hannah a tissue because she "has a smudge on her nose"
8:08 Hannah politely says "it's my birthmark" and wishes she were back in bed. Neal punches temple worker in the face for bringing up her deformity on their wedding day--awesome!
8:27 Kaitie shows up with Mom's recommed--- HOORAY!
9:20 The most beautiful sealing ever...Neal is crying freely and Hannah gets emotional too-- WONDERFUL ceremony, FULL room of family and friends, happiness abounds


10:30 Neal pumps his fist and yells "wahoooooooo"s as they are exiting the temple, Hannah gets embarrassed, but they are both ridiculously happy!
1:00 Hannah and Neal roll up to the luncheon a half hour late, but hey, it's our wedding day, and I'm obsessed with pictures. Kaitie and Logan are champions, following us around, making sure my train is billowing and my lips are glossed and Neal's......... okay it was mostly for me.
3-5 reception at Oakridge County Club, LOVELY, loving friends and family flock, we start introducing each other as "my husband" and "my wife" it sounds fake but it's funny.
5:20 We leave the reception, go change and HONEYMOON!!!!!!




Our wedding photophrapher is awesome-- Erin Langford. I have a link to her blog on my blog list.


All in all... INCREDIBLE day and we LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE being married! :) It's true, it's only been four weeks, but still! Thanks again to everyone who came, we love you all!!!!! You made the day even more special.

ADDENDUM: I was remiss about posting pictures of our FABULOUS cake made by the lovely Aunt Stacey: it was the best cake I have ever had (LITERALLY) -- we ate the top layer on our honeymoon, why would we wait a year?!?! anyway, THANKS STACE! YOU'RE THE BEST! Can't wait until Christian's wedding when I can eat more of her delicious cake! ;)
Okay, kind of an awkward photo but we didn't get a posed one of stace by the cake-- dang!

YUM!

9 comments:

rachel said...

Gorgeous pictures! You two really lucked out with the weather on your special day because since then, the sun has yet to have much of a presence here in northern Utah. Blah. I love your pictures because of the bliss that is radiating from your face :) I love you! (cute new background!)

Anonymous said...

Lovely tale of your beautiful day! I looked for Megan but I guess she didn't stay for photos but drove back to Provo to get her boys :) You and Neal look perfect together. I LOVE the wahoo exit pic!

Taylor said...

Kudos to Neal for punching that temple worker. I've often wanted to punch one but never had the guts.

Jen Beckstrand said...

You look so gorgeous and happy in all of your pictures! My family said the reception was beautiful too!

*Meg Larsen* said...

yeah, sorry i didn't get to add my beautiful face to your wonderful pictures :) had to dash back to my boys, but the sealing was wonderful, you looked gorgeous, and neal gets props and approval for giving me a real hug and not one of those awkward "tapping/leaning" monstronsities.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your big day. You two are awesome!

Barb said...

So beautiful!! What a perfect day. It really was great weather - but even if it hadn't been, it would have been perfect to you! I love your last jumping picture with your cute flats! And...the temple worker story cracks me up!

kalie said...

Um. I just laughed. And cried. And sent a big, virtual hug out to you in the online universe. I love you, Hannah girl.

Amylee said...

Well, you two do look absolutely phenomenal. Good thing since your wedding only comes once in a lifetime!!! Love the photos. Loved the blog. Was a little worried about what was going to be coming up after 5:20... I'm still deciding whether or not I'm glad you kept it family friendly :o). Love your guts you gorgeous gal.