Sunday, September 20, 2009

My mustache...

Here's a picture of us, first of all, so you all can think "they are so photogenic!" Little do you know that I REFUSED to leave until Neal and I got a good picture.... this was the first time I had "gotten ready" for real in quite a while.... so I thought it would be easy to get a good one. Plus, I'm usually super photogenic-- but hear you me.. this was like the 17th picture we took and Neal had to listen to me curse after every sub-par picture. But I digress..... (I'm very good at digressing) I just had to share a kindergarten moment I had the other day.

Madame (aka me): Antoine, you really need to listen during circle time.
A: Okay, I'm sorry... *Tries to give me a hug*
M: I don't want a hug from you now, I only want a hug when you listen during class. *I bend down so I can be at his level and look at him in the eyes* Please do a better job tomorrow, okay?
A: *eyes fixate on my upper lip* oka---- wait, why do you have a mustache?
M: what? I don't.
A: yes you do! I can see it. Why do you have one?
M: well, I... uh.... don't.
A: YOU DO, YOU DO! You really, really have one. I'm not lying! You have a little blond mustache!

I was totally speechless. You can't convince a 5 year old you don't have a mustache-- I've never really thought too much about it before-- we all have little hairs all over, right? Anyway. I think I was just "oh snap" ed by a 5 year old. Antoine 1, Me: zero.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rachel said...

You got told! Man! There is no way of winning that fight, especially because you can't sink to his level and pick on his physical appearance :(

JD said...

you would be correct on the score. but you can always humiliate antoine in front of his classmates to even things up.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, love it. I noticed some fine wrinkles around my eyes today, and felt a little "Oh snap"-ed, myself. Just let that Antoine wait 10 years, and then...... oh, snap, Antoine! Look who has acne!!

Amylee said...

Ha! Best. Post. Ever.
Now for a story:
My cute neighbor boy, Bob, drew a picture of me back in the day. I was 13 he was probably 5. He handed it to me, and it had GIGANTIC dark circles under the eyes of the picture me. I took it to my Mom looking for some positive reinforcement.
Me: Mom! Look at this picture! What is the deal?
Mom: Ha! Little kids are so honest.

Barb said...

So, that just made my day! On a side note: just got back from a ward activity - saw your sis...it always makes me miss you so bad! She talks like you, acts like you...I miss you! Tell her to be less like you...

Unknown said...

I must say that I've never noticed your nonexistent mustache. I also love hiking old rag. Did you see the dog running around on the rocks when you were up there?

MStevenson said...

That's great!

kalie said...

Ha ha! That is like being told, "Mrs. Chamberlain, you'd look a lot younger if you didn't dress like an old lady. Don't you think so, Hugo? Wouldn't she look more like a teenager if she wore skinny jeans?"

M. Foster said...

Bahahahahhaahahhahahahaha! That was funny. I want more.