Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat......

I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS! It's not so much the presents anymore (although those are nice!) but just more about a) seeing my FAMILY (and Neals!) b) VACATION and c) all those Christmas traditions that I love so. Anyway, so here's what's been happening:
Neal and I were Hyrum and Mary Fielding Smith in our ward's "Christmas in Nauvoo" program. I thought we looked pretty good considering we had NO costume options! It was a very nice program!

Next, sugar cookies. I have the BEST sugar cookie recipe ever and I love decorating cookies. Look at me here, I'm very healthy:

We had these cute girls over to decorate with us:

LOVE them! Neal made the funniest one.... it's Tiny Tim:
(see... only one good leg!) It was a fun and yummy night!
Then our first Christmas Miracle occurred.... I walked in the house to find this:

All the figures in my miniature Nativity were knocked over except Mary and Baby Jesus... hmmmmmmmmm... interesting.....
We've had so much fun decorating for Christmas! Oh, and we got new couches! HOORAY!

placemats I got at TJ Maxx... love them!
Oh, and I must post our finished stockings:

In case you can't tell.... this is my SECOND homemade stocking because the first one disappeared into thin air. ARG! :( it was a sad day in Hannah land. But, I made a new one and THANKS TO CALI for sewing them all together (mine for the second time!) We are proud of ourselves! Anyway, I'm so excited to see lots of you in Utah!!!! :) MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL! Oh, and don't check your mailboxes awaiting a Christmas card from us..... after addressing 400 wedding invites and 200 "thank you" cards... I really just couldn't muster it. But if we had sent cards, here's the picture we would have included:

WE LOVE ALL OF YOU!

5 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

I would love your sugar cookie recipe!! Please??? I love sugar cookies!!! Your stockings look great!!!

Amylee said...

Correction: AMYLEE has the best sugar cookie recipe on the planet.
I wish I could see you while you are in Utah! But, alas, I will just settle for cyber stalking you.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaaaa! The tiny tim cookie! Awesome. And look at all those cute cookies! And your cute house! Don't you love hanging your stockings up on the wall? Ours were on our book case last year. This year we were like, eh, to heck with it. They're in my closet. Our house is tiny (2 bed/1 bath...the baby sleeps in the hall closet....no, seriously), so there is only room for like 2 Christmas decorations.

Sorry about your lost stocking. That's extremely annoying.

Rachel said...

Loveee it!

Merry Christmas to you!

Barb said...

I need your sugar cookie recipe!! Mine is horrible. =) Hope you guys have a great Christmas!! Hopefully we can get together.