Friday, January 8, 2010

CHRISTMAS BREAK!

Well hello! I'm back to blogging by popular demand! (okay, no one even MENTIONED the dearth of blogs, but I'm sure you were all thinking about it! ;) RIGHT?) So let's talk about Christmas. We were so worried (okay, mostly me, Neal is pretty chill) that our flights would be canceled because of the Snowpocalypse out here, see below:
And note, this pic is taken on Sunday morning, and I had brushed off my car on Saturday already! SHEESH! My flight wasn't canceled, but they didn't plow our road (as you can see) so we had to walk to a plowed road and Cali picked me up (BLESS HER!!!!!) because I had a 7 am flight the next morning. I arrived in Utah the day before Neal and FINALLY saw this:
Isn't he adorable?!?! This is Taylor's baby, Asher. LOVE HIM! It was killing me that I hadn't seen him! It was SOOOO good to spend time with my siblings!!!!
SISTERS! Minus Cali. We missed her!


Skiing was so much fun! Just don't ask Neal... he's still a little sensitive about this:

I sure do love my family. Now.... I love Neal's family too-- but I didn't take very many pics of everyone... so oops. I'll just post a pic of my favorite McMillan:
LOVE the stockings! Christmas Day was so much fun! (Except mostly the kids got to open their presents before the adults... call me selfish but I WANTED TO OPEN TOO! ;) I didn't have the joy of seeing my children open gifts, maybe that's why I was impatient. Plus I'm just kind of impatient in general... but I digress...) It was great to hang out with Neal's family and get to know them better. He has 10 nieces and nephews... so it was a little CRAZY but still fun. Did I mention I'm not quite ready to have kids?! anyway...
Here's a cute picture of us on Christmas Day:
We drove down to my Grandma's house in Layton to have Christmas dinner with my family... it was DELICIOUS and great to see everyone.
Now it's back to life, and working this week has been KILLER! But I didn't smack any kids at work, and I made it through with minimal yelling so I consider the first week back a SUCCESS!
Oh, and Neal shaved his beard! Although McMillans will cheer, I was quite torn at first. Just when I got used to it, he decided to grow it back.
He's adorable either way, I say. LOVE TO EVERYONE! I also saw many friends but I will have to post about my amazing friends later. 'Hope everyone is well!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

your mom took us skiing yesterday, and i think i fell in that exact spot.

Barb said...

so fun!! glad you got to see so many people. i love that your streets weren't plowed - wish we had gotten that much snow!

Clay Allred said...

wow, you take more self portraits than anyone, ever.