Sunday, April 18, 2010

11 month anniversay

Our 11 month anniversary was on Friday. Amazing husband: check.

Amazing idea to make Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue? Check. Amazing presentation of dippers? Check.
Amazing fondue pot? Check.

Amazing ability to make aforementioned fondue? NOT CHECK.

I know, it looks awful. It tasted fine, but I will probably never attempt to make cheese fondue again. . . it was the consistency of pulled taffy and very blob like--not exactly what I was going for. Luckily, I shrugged it off and we still had a great night. . . eventually. Boo to thoughtful surprises not working out! FONDUE FAIL!
Luckily, when all else fails, I still have an amazing husband. (awwwwwwwww)



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yyyyyeeeeeaaaaahhhh, the fondue did look pretty gross.... like, throw-up or something.... ;) But I'm sure it tasted better than it looked. And when it comes to thoughtful things like that, it really is the thought that counts.

And, what are the odds? I made spinach artichoke DIP yesterday. And, incidentally, it turned out awesome. But, you know, fondue is harder.

rachel said...

Slow clap for Hannah and Neal!

Rachel said...

Hannah! Y'all celebrate your 11TH ANNIVERSARY?

I do not approve.

Barb said...

I can't believe it's been almost a year! Crazy how time flies. Glad you had a good anniversary. =)

kalie said...

HA! Nothing like a *special* meal that turns out ... especially *special.*

Michelle said...

Yeah! Happy 11 months!

Cait said...

No worries! Fondue is tricky! I have never made it alone, but only with Jayne because she has a scale and measures everything to a 'T'.

Your France pics look amazing! Can't wait to hear more about it at Stacey's house next weekend!