It's about time I blogged about our trip! It was WONDERFULLY AMAZING! I shall tell the tale as briefly as possible. We arrived in Paris at 11 AM and went straight here:
It was so exciting to see la Tour Eiffel!
Then we decided to go up to the top, since it was mostly sunny. When I looked at the weather before we left, it was rain every single day and COLD! So since it was mostly sunny, we decided to go up right then, even it was a 2 hour wait.......
Isn't this cool? The shadow of the Eiffel Tower! It is a very impressive view. Early the next morning, we took a train for here:
Bordeaux. As most of you know, when I was 16 I lived in Bordeaux with a French family. Almost ten years later, we still keep in contact and the daughter of that family, Capucine, is one of my best friends. Here we are:
I love this girl more than anything! Here's a pic of some of the family, note the stereotypical French mustache:
LOVE these people! Moi, Stéphan, Lodoïs, Patricia
And here with are with some of the most lovely people in the world: my French grandparents, BonPapa and BonneMaman. They took us on a special trip to Cap Ferret, which is one of my favorite places in the whole world. You can probably see why:
It was a gorgeous day, but still pretty cold, so we didn't get in the water. But we had fun!
After a few days, we left Bordeaux and went to Montreux Switzerland. The weather there wasn't great, but it was still GORGEOUS!
Notre Dame
Montmartre at the Sacre Coeur--look at this lovely bereted woman who made it into the photo!
L'arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysées
Our friends from DC, Casey and Allie who also spent Spring Break in Paris.
The Gates of Hell at the Rodin Museum
The most overrated painting in the world.
One of my favorite paintings in the world, and subsequently, the topic of my thesis.
VERSAILLES! We spent 7 hours there!
Marie Antoinette's little village-- my favorite part of Versailles. It started pouring rain the second we got there!
The gorgeous Eiffel Tower at night... love it!
And we started our trip as it began.... it was definitely one of my favorite vacations of all time. It was so heartwarming to get to show this huge part of my life to Neal, and he LOVED it! Now we're back, jetlagged, and missing France like crazy!
20 comments:
Oh, my heart literally aches with jealousy!!
That's awesome that you know how to type accents and the i's with two dots and stuff....
And dang, you jumped high in that picture in the sand. Did you have to take like 20 of those shots or are you just really good at jumping? :)
I'll just console myself on the fact that James is going to share a huge part of his life with me this summer: Hawaii. Very well, I accept.
awesome! can't wait to hear more about it. there is more blue sky than I expected. Love, Cali
Okay, LOVE the daffydowndillys in the foreground of Montreux - wow!
SO nice to see Capucine! And overall great photos, except for that couple who got in front of all the great sites. Thanks for posting and sharing. I am sad we're not going to Europe this year, but consoled by our fabulous trip from last spring :)
Very cool. I wish when I had gone to France you could have been my tour guide. Would have been fun!
So cool! I didn't realize you were in Bourdeaux when you studied in France. I went there for a weekend with some friends during my study abroad. Best Fête de la musique ever! I got my acceptance to the teaching assistantship this week - académie de Grenoble. Can't wait!
WOW! Looks SO much fun!!! Glad you trip was FABULOUS.
Someday I'll get to take my man back to my fav French haunts....
gorgeous pictures! (and girl, as well). I especially love the jumping picture and how happy you seem to be just being french. So sad you had to come back to reality, hope you get to escape again soon!
Hurray for fun vacations. you know where else is a fun vacation, Seattle. hint,hint,hint.
How wonderful that you got to take Neal! I am so jealous. What a great spring break!!
Han! That is so amazing! I wish we could have taken a Europe trip together before you got married, but I guess I'll have to navigate on my own. It looks like a blast and a half and I'm so glad you have such an amiable travel companion :) LOVE YOU!
How awesome it is to share something that is such a huge part of you with your husband. How could you not love Paris though? Dallas finds it a little more tough to love the theater, but he still does it for me every now and again. What an amazing place. One day, I will so those places rather than say, "I have this friend Hannah that is brilliant, and practically French, and she goes to France, like, ten times a year, and......" You get the picture. Glad you are back in the blogging world.
I love the pictures, and I'm glad someone is getting out and seeing the world!
I agree with the painting, although it would still be cool to see it after all of those history classes. Blah.
Oh Hannah! :) Your pictures are gorgeous...and my eyes have turned quite the shade of green with my jealousy! Here's hoping that I get to go back again soon...and that you do too. :)
-Natasha Humphrey
PS - That painting is one of my favorites too! :)
Your pictures are gorgeous and I loved reading about your trip, it totally makes me want to go soon! I'm glad you had fun and that you're back so you can tell me more about it in person. :) I notice there are no "European pictures" of just your feet. Love you!
Angie
So so fun Han!! I'm glad you had such a great time. So fun to share it with Neal I bet! =)
WOW! I want to go to France too!
That is so neat that you guys had a chance to go! Looks like you had so much fun!
Wow, how fun! Okay so they didn't let us take pictures of Mona Lisa...that's crazy! Maybe it was the day or something cause I had all these people telling me in hurried french no no no. HUm... That looks like such a fun trip!!
That is awesome!! The pictures look great and that is funny about the chocolate chips. Who knew?!! Glad that you guys had a great time.
As Brian and I prepare to celebrate our 11 month (and some years) anniverary, I am smiling as I recall that we spent our FIRST one on board a ship crossing the Atlantic Ocean, coming home from 2 months in France. Another amazing husband following the love of his life to France . . . and beyond!
Post a Comment