Thursday, June 17, 2010

That's what I like about me......


My lovely friend Rachel just posted a blog about things she likes about herself, and it got me thinking about what I like about ME, which I think is the point of her post (or to just tell everyone how great she is!). I want to do the same here, so others can see how wonderful I am, and also think about what they like about themselves! ;)

In no particular order, the things I like about myself are:

-my eyes, specifically my eyelashes. People are always asking me if they're fake.
-my teeth/smile
-my birthmark (okay that's a blatant lie and everyone who knows me will know that!!!)
-my singing voice--as long as it's a low song... my high voice is not solid!
-my outgoing, cheerful, bubbly nature. I hide it under a bushel sometimes, but hopefully it usually shows!
-my SHOES! I am in love with nearly all my shoes (even though they're not sexy high heels... something about me hovering over Neal prevents me)
-my sense of humor and quick wit-- I am probably the second or third funniest person in the world (right up there with Neal)
-my jewelry (see picture above!)
-I am adventurous and independent. I packed up and moved to France for a year, even though it terrified me. I also got scholarships and supported myself through undergrad and grad school. I am proud of this! I even worked cleaning toilets at 6 AM for three weeks to make ends meet!
-I am constantly trying to improve myself (even if it doesn't seem like it, I promise I am!!!)
-I am a good teacher. I feel like this is one of my strengths, and I love feeling calm and collected teaching or speaking in public.
- I am a thoughtful and loving person
-I am frugal (although some call it cheap!). I like this about me because I know I can function on much less income than we have. I shop sales, and am not a name brand snob (with most things). I feel this is a good life skill, no matter how much money you have!
-that I'm not fake-- what you see, is what you get. I don't act differently around different people. (although I hold back the swears at church, or around church people, I must admit)
-I am very photogenic... it's nice, not gonna lie! ;)

That will do for now. It's interesting and encouraging to talk about what you LIKE about yourself, not necessarily what you're good it, or what others like about you. What do you like about YOU?

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Han! These are all the reasons I love you too! I sure miss you! Do I still get to see you next month?

Rachel said...

I like that no matter what I always stay true to what I believe.

This is a great post. Maybe I should do one.

Rich and Brianne said...

What a great idea! And all the things you listed are indeed what makes you wonderful! I sure do miss your bubbly personality making my day better!

Anonymous said...

Oh, shoes. I just love them. What are your favorite places (online or not) to shop??? FB me, seriously I want to know.

Love the watch. Love.

And hey, nice eyelashes.

AmandaStretch said...

See, that's another reason we should be better friends. You wouldn't have to watch the swears around me, though you may have already picked up on that from our discussion about censoring L5Y. ;)

I've been meaning to this kind of list for awhile. Thanks for the reminder!

rachel said...

I like you SOOOOOO much! It's exhilarating, right? You did a fabulous job my dear! I wish I were half of the things on your "like" list :)

xoxo

Barb said...

Oh Han. You make me laugh. Well, mostly the part where you said you hide your outgoing, bubbly self under a bushel sometimes...I just don't believe that. =) It must be a very small bushel.

I love you friend!

kalie said...

This reminded me of the many things I love about Hannah. Probably the best is the WYSIWYG: What You See Is What You Get. I try to be more like you in this regard, because I was always so in AWE of how you could just SAY whatever you thought.

Anonymous said...

I love you Han