Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back to School

Well folks, the time has come. My lazy summer has officially ended. I shall now do a dramatic reenactment of my feelings on the matter via photobooth... First of all, denial/annoyance. Has it seriously been 10 weeks?!?! I didn't even watch all of the seasons of Buffy!
After denial/annoyance, was simply annoyance. Why do I even work? We live off of Neal's income anyway! I'd much rather be a housewife!
After straight up annoyance, came support and understanding from Neal:
Uh, Hannah, I don't feel bad for you. You've had 10 weeks off!!! Thanks, babe. Then came stress. Am I going to be able to get back into the swing of teaching full time PLUS two 2 hour classes a week at American University?!?!
Then came reflection.. you know, I've done this two other semesters, and I loved it. I still had fun, still had time to relax, and only have a few (dozen) gray hairs...hmmmmmm
Then came my first night class, and then the first day back at school and you know what?!?
I'm feeling great! I feel rested and ready to get back into the swing of things.. I CAN DO IT! First (half) week back at school? CHECK! I deserve a lemon bar!
or two.....

9 comments:

Neal! said...

You are pretty funny my love. And you make pretty amazing lemon bars!

Shannon said...

This pretty much made me LOL. Especially when I scrolled down to Neal's face looking kind, but firm. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, you're funny. That's awesome!

Rachel said...

This is funny - have I mentioned that I don't feel bad for you though? Hah.

Cali said...

I wish I could have had some of those lemon bars...

kalie said...

I love love love this post. So surprised I didn't feel sad when the school year started. For the first time in my life, I didn't go back to school! Always remember what a gift you are to your students.

Melinda said...

You are too hilarious. My sides are splitting. Good luck back at school. Only 10 more months until summer comes again!

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

I love photobooth!