Howdy folks! I haven't done one of these posts in a while (or any posts, but you know)... Here are my current obsessions:
First and foremost:

That's right, my husband is the BOMB! He is the best thing that ever happened to me.
Secondly:
I really dig The Script-- and this song in particular. Check it out. NOTE: the music video is pretty lame--- far too literal. Just listen to the words. Thirdly-- this is some of the leftover chocolate we bought whilst in Switzerland... AMAZING!
*please excuse this GIGANTIC picture, but it insists....*
Clever right? The funny thing is, chocolate chips as we know them don't exist in Europe, so they probably don't fully realize how clever this actually is.
Fourthly--

I LOVED this movie. Neal and I rarely see movies ($$$$) but I'm glad we saw this on Saturday. I'm sure many people will really, really hate it (especially if they know anything about psych wards) but we really enjoyed it. It's funny and uplifting.
Fifthly-- (can you even say fifthly? Oh well)

Smoothies. LOVE THEM! Over the summer I consumed 2 glasses of smoothie a day. Since I started working, it's less because I'm too lazy to make them BUT I am currently sipping one, and guess what? OBSESSED!!!!!
And now... things I'm NOT obsessed with:
First:

Katy Perry. I cannot even express how ANNOYING her songs are!!!!!! Every new Katy Perry song is the new most annoying song I've ever heard..... her songs all song the same and SHE CAN'T SING!!!!!! Hasn't anyone noticed this?!?!?!!?!?! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! Okay okay, I'll stop talking about her.
Secondly:

Not whatsherface, but the hippy style headband. I'm sure some of my readers sport this.... as gorgeous as you may be, I still don't like it. And I don't really understand it.... it's just weird.
And Finally:

that's right--annoying children. Now, as a Kindergarten teacher, I am around children ALL DAY LONG. Most of them are lovely, HIGHLY gifted (of course), and darling. However, please realize that as parents, you have the power to make your kid less annoying. So please use it. This will probably involve following through, not placating whining, and giving your child rules.* Thank you.
*I know that some of you are rolling your eyes because I don't have any children yet. Please feel free to call me out on this later if I give into my child's every whim, respond immediately to whining, and act like my child controls me at age 5. Thanks.
So there you have it. I hope everyone is doing well!!!!
8 comments:
My favorite is the chocolate chips! I want some!
People really where headbands like that? Probably the same people that put giant flowers on their babies.
I was trying to remember where I'd eaten those "chocolate chips" before...and I finally remembered - I bought them at Trader Joes! Not the same brand, of course, and probably not as great, because not from Switzerland, but they totally make them. And they are yummy. Very.
i hate to tell you but even among us brilliantly fabulous moms who always follow/enforce consistent rules, there are days where kids insist on driving you absolutely nuts.
oh, and I like Katy Perry for one reason--She totally bought her boyfriend a trip to space for his birthday. so jealous.
I love these Hannah thoughts. So deep.
I would love any tips you have on Kindergarteners. My daughter is said to behave very well during the day, at school, but when she gets home, she is a drama queen major. As our oldest, we are sort of using trial and error on her. Help.
I need chocolate now...and I am right there with you on the smoothies! I think it's my way of holding on to summer just a little longer...=)
Post a Comment