Friday, March 11, 2011

Utah visit and baby G's shower

Well, my Aunt Shelley commented on how I haven't posted in a while, so it has inspired me to blog. Over President's Day weekend, I ditched my loving husband and flew to Utah for these two:
Clint Sattherthwaite is MARRIED! It was so great to be at their wedding dinner/sealing/reception and it was great to see my high school friends as well. See facebook for more pics, I'm too lazy to download them all here. It was also amazing to see my wonderful family!!!!! I miss being around my family so much--thank heavens Cali and Josh live by us! I loved seeing my squishy little niece:
and I loved spending time with my parents and siblings. I even got to see both sides of extended family too-- it was so nice! And Shelley's birthday celebration should be recognized as well:
The only bad part about the trip was that I got stranded OVERNIGHT in Denver because of weather in Salt Lake-- it was a NIGHTMARE!!!!! I did get a hotel voucher, food voucher, and 400$ flight voucher, but I would have rather just gotten to UT as planned! Plus, if you've tried to use a voucher, you realize what a ROYAL PAIN they can be.... arg. Oh well, as they say, all's well that ends well, so the trip was a success.
Shortly thereafter, my wonderful friend Kristine threw me (Gideon) a baby shower-- it was so much fun! Fortunately, Kristine hadn't even heard of the gross diaper games, so there was none of that--PHEW! It was simply good food, good company, and PRESENTS FOR THE BABY! It was awesome! I couldn't even believe how generous my girlfriends are, and how cute baby clothes are! My voice raised three octaves every time I opened something. I should have taken a picture of all the clothes, but alas, I did not... and now they're washed and folded. Just take my word for it--they are all DARLING!
I am such a lucky girl!!!
And lastly, a picture of me at 31 weeks (7 months--getting big, people!)
and for those of you thinking "man, she's so tiny" trust me, I'm not as small as I may look. Just today, one of my students exclaimed "Your baby is growing a lot bigger!!!" (as you can see, I have them trained to know that me getting bigger = the baby getting bigger, NOT my belly getting fat. . . it's a good trick for the self esteem!)
Did I almost end this post without so much as ONE picture of my one true love? Ahem.

6 comments:

Neal! said...

Don't worry Han...we will have our OWN gross diaper games in a couple months!

Shelley said...

Yahoo, a new post. It was really good to see you and I was so happy you were able to come to my birthday party.

Love you, Shelley

Taylor said...

Aren't showers amazing? I am embarrassed to admit how many we got for Madeline (it helps when you move mid pregnancy) but I loved them all.

Barb said...

So fun! Still sad I didn't get to see you...and now we'll be gone in the summer. Bummer...=(

Shannon said...

You look AMAZING! Seriously, you are a gorgeous pregnant lady! Well, youre gorgeous in general, but...uh...you know what I mean!!!

Also, Where have you registered? I need to know where to go online and send you something for your sweet little man :)

Angie said...

I tried to get as many pictures of the clothes as I could, but then the camera died. :( I had a really cool idea about the lifesize poster that I think will actually be cooler if we go in a little bit of a different direction with it, we'll chat...

And, I see I made your favorite blogs list, that means I've arrived at the ultimate level of cool! ;)

Let's get together soon.

Love you!