Last year Neal and I decided to do 2 Valentine's Day dates ... His and Hers. This is our second time doing it, and I would highly recommend it. (Although I hear once you have kids you can never do anything fun again EVER, so who knows!) As most of you probably know, I am a creature of habit. Example:
Neal: So should we try out a new French restaurant for Valentine's Day this year?
Me: I'd probably just rather go to the Melting Pot...
Neal: But we go to the Melting Pot fairly regularly, I thought we might try something different for Valentine's Day to make it extra special.
Me: But extra special to me is the Melting Pot because I know exactly what it will be like....
See what I mean? I would rather go to where I know I love, rather than risking it on something new. (yes, I always order the same thing, too... sue me!) So it won't surprise anyone to know that the "Her" date was the Melting Pot... and it did NOT disappoint!
Neal's date this year was going to the Newseum. He's been wanting to go for a while, but we (mostly me) find it hard to get downtown, even though we live 20 minutes away. But, for a "His" date, I mustered up the motivation to go and we had a lovely time. The baby also loved it, if loving something means kicking me under my ribs nonstop. I think he was trying to shake his pelvis like Elvis, as there is a special Elvis Exhibit right now. The Newseum was a lot of fun, but I did feel a little strange not to get emotional at the 9/11 exhibit... pregnancy has prevented me from crying over truly sad/upsetting/horrific events, and I can only cry for crazy reasons, such as my belly preventing me from lotioning my legs easily, dropping a molten cake on the oven door, or Neal eating more than his fair share of truffles. (Although the last 2 are arguably valid reasons to produce waterworks, now that I think about it....) We didn't take any pictures in the Museum, but this is the view from the top--note the Capitol Building between our heads.
On a side note, this coat is getting a *little too snug..... here I am at 28 weeks (6.5 months)
*and by a little, I mean I'm practically bursting the buttons.... c'est la vie!
8 comments:
I disagree about once you have kids you can never do anything fun. Josh and I have fun ALL THE TIME. You definition of fun just might change a bit. (cali)
I'm with Cali. Fun will continue, though it will often require a babysitter.
Hey-Good idea, Cali. It's true. If you change your definition of fun to Cleaning up Someone Elses Bodily Fluids, you will "fun" nonstop.
Oh don't let people tell you that. We had a friend who, for like the last 8 months of my pregnancy was like, "oh enjoy this now, because you'll never do it again," and I was freaking out. Smug-already-have-kids can be mean like that. Anyway, it's garbage. You can do lots of things with kids, especially when they're little and aren't squirming to get out of the high chair and run all crazy like around Texas Roadhouse (not that that's ever happened to us!) and besides, with a baby, even the most mundane things are fun because they get so excited. And yes, babysitters are good, too. So is fondue. Good choice on the date :)
Ha ha, you're so funny, Hannah!
I love your earrings in the last picture, and oh yeah, you are a darling pregnant lady!
Others have commented about this but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents as well: the fun doesn't end after the baby. But you'd better be prepared for the about 3 months of hell that does come after the birth. :) You'll understand when you live through it. ha ha
You are so tiny!! So jealous!
You look adorable! And there is nothing more fun and entertaining than watching and holding your baby. Except seeing the man you love fall in love with his baby.
OK, Hannah, its been almost a month with no new post. I know you haven't been feeling well but I want to know about the shower and other things going on in your life. Love you, Shelley
Post a Comment