Neal and I had the brilliant idea to have his and her Valentine's Day dates--and it worked REALLY well. We plan on doing it until we have to pay for 2 nights of babysitters and then we'll resume when our oldest child is 12. For my date, as you might imagine, I wanted to go to a fancy restaurant. Neal made reservations at a fancy French restaurant called Bistrot Lafayette in Alexandria. I was thrilled! It was DELICIOUS and very authentic AND the owner was French, so I got to enjoy speaking French all night. It was a highly enjoyable dining experience. This is Neal with, and I quote "the best dessert I have ever had in my life"
It was quite delectable! I had mousse au chocolat which was very good, but too milk chocolatey for my taste.
Now, on to Neal's date, which was yesterday. The man has wanted to see Avatar ever since it came out, so that's what we did. Turns out, all you have to do to avoid crowds is wait 2 months:
Here is both of us waiting for the show:
We both enjoyed the movie. Yes, the plot is ridiculously predictable and like unto Pocohantas, but the effects are super cool! The thing that distracted me was Jake Sully's Australian accent! They should have just let him be Australian (why not?) because the man cannot pull off a consistent American accent!
Anyway, happy love day everyone! I hope everyone had as delightful a celebration as we did!
6 comments:
If we live close, we'll babysit for you to have his/her dates. (cali)
Great idea for the his/her dates. Sounds like a great weekend. Ahhhhh, young love.
I love the picture of Neal in the empty theater. And you are looking scrumptious in your pink sweater.
I love the his/her date ideas. So fun!
That's crazy... we went to see Avatar on Friday because Dee had been dying to see it as well (I was reluctant) and the theater was PACKED!! We almost didn't get a chance to sit by each other.
I love your pink outfit! The his and hers dates is a good idea. Glad you had a great time!
How fun! Man, Neal is always giving you flowers. What a husband!!
Post a Comment