Sunday, April 3, 2011

A little bit of this....


Well now let's see... what have we been up to since the last post? First and foremost, I am getting bigger and more uncomfortable by the minute, it seems! My little guy doesn't really understand the concept of shared space--sheesh! Now, people are always telling me "you can't be eight months pregnant... you are so tiny!" While I love this, pictures suggest otherwise! Exhibit A:
See what I mean? In no way could "tiny" describe me!!!! I comfort myself with that fact that from far away/straight on, I don't look as huge... Exhibit B:

Anyway, enough about that. In other news, my dear friend Melinda threw me a ward baby shower, and it was lovely! Delicious food, fun people, and loads of presents! Melinda also prepared a darling little quiz on the name Gideon-- so thoughtful and fun!

Since I'm being honest in this post (i.e. about my hugeness), I'll let you all in a little secret..... I am NOT photogenic AT ALL in candid pictures. Exhibit C:
I'm pretty sure I wasn't really crying in this picture-- I think this is more my "oh-so-adorable" face but... yeah.... candid pictures aren't very flattering for me, and now everyone knows it. Moving on.
We went to see the Cherry Blossoms this morning, and it was gorgeous!!!!
It's pretty cool to live in this area, I'm not gonna lie. Now, with my 8 month pregnant self, I told Neal it would be easier for everyone if we drove.... little did I know there was a 10k race this morning and EVERYTHING was blocked off-- Neal dropped my friend Rachel Wall and I off and then tried to find a place to park for about an hour. . . oops! Don't worry, I fully admitted it was a bad idea and next year we could metro to the blossoms. Luckily, Neal is the most wonderful husband ever and didn't even act annoyed at me at all! (To my face, anyway) I love this man! I mean, seriously, who wouldn't?!?! I shall leave you with Exhibit D:

8 comments:

Melinda said...

That was most definately your "oh-so-adorable" face. You are your tummy are adorable.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS cherry blossoms!! And gorgeous you Hanni. I almost can't believe you're really pregnant. Love the bookend photos with cherry blossoms: the beginning and end of your life as a couple. Snort!

Melanie said...

You and the blossoms are beautiful! Save some for me next weekend, please ;-D

Emily said...

Did you guys take that picture of the Washington monument through the blossoms?

Neal! said...

It's a good thing the blossoms are REALLY REALLY beautiful

Kaitie Jayne said...

Beautiful pictures -- especially Exhibit C. =) It looks like you are disgusted with the present! Love you!

Barb said...

You really are tiny Han - and I'm not saying that to be nice! =) LOVE the blossom pictures!

Shelley said...

The blossoms are amazing. I've never been out there during cherry blossom season.

You know, Hannah you always whine about being huge but of course you're going to look larger when you do the profile shot and frame your belly with your hands. The only thing you could do to make you look bigger would be to wear a top with horizontal stripes. You look adorable -- full on or in profile.