Monday, April 18, 2011

This post might be more cheesy than usual.....



Okay, I know some of you roll your eyes at how lovey I am about Neal... if this is you, you might want to stop reading now. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones, but I've been feeling really, really, REALLY grateful for Neal lately. This will probably come as a surprise to him because I've yelled at him a bit more than usual lately too... I still can't figure out how these events coincide but they do, and I blame the pregnancy 100%.

For those of you who don't know, dating Neal required hard work and some stalking on my part--I'm embarrassed now about how shamelessly I pursued him. Exhibit A:

"I saw you at church, but you didn't say hi
so my Neal o'meter is running quite dry."

That's right, a poem AND cheesy... plus this was before we'd ever been out on a date! This was July 2nd, 2008, to be exact, and our first date was August 2, 2008--sheesh. But, there's more! Neal's response to one of my many e-mails, word for word:

"You are SUCH a stalker...merciful heavens! Why must you creep me out?"

I know, I'm ashamed. HOWEVER, as you can see-- IT WORKED! So the moral of the story is, it's okay to be a creepy stalker as long as it produces a husband--it worked for Machiavelli and it worked for me. I have never pursued anyone in my entire life, so I think it was good for me. It should also be pointed out that after our first date, Neal pulled out all the stops to woo me, it just took him a WHILE to actually ask me out. (and by a while, I mean 2 months of Hannah charm. Sheesh!)

Anyway the point of this blog is that I'm so glad Neal and I got married. It took him a *whole* SIX (6) months to finally get down on one knee... but I'm glad I was so patient about the whole thing, because marrying Neal has been the best thing to ever happen to me. Neal is the most patient and loving person I have ever met in my life (seriously) and he is also hilarious and loads of fun to be with. I could go on and on, but it suffices to say that I feel so grateful, and nigh unto emotional, to have Neal as my husband. I love him more and more every day, and I can't wait to see him being a Dad in a couple of weeks! He'll be awesome-- I would know, I hand picked him!
Our first date part one: August 2, 2008-- peach picking and a picnic at Great Falls Park
First date part two: Rodeo and movie. (Note disgusting facial hair... lucky for him I was already on the Neal train) Yes, our first date was an all day thing-- seriously 12 hours together with a shower/shave-gross-facial-hair break in the middle.
February 11th, 2009: Neal about to propose! Note the symbolic peach.
May 16th, 2009: Our wedding day! What a blissful, perfect day.
Last weekend: Still happy and in love nearly 3 years plus one (almost) baby later!

11 comments:

You had me at ROAR said...

you are cheesy. but cute so it's ok. i stalked mark a little too and IT WORKED! also your first date was our wedding DAY so what a great day. no wonder it worked out!

You had me at ROAR said...

ps this is megan andrea selman smith

Melanie said...

Relieved to hear that your wedding day was 100% blissful and perfect ;-D

Melanie said...

P.S. Thanks, Neal.

Taylor said...

we love neal too.

Anonymous said...

You chose well Hannah. I liked Neal immediately. Though I would like him a lot more if he came to Phoenix again.

Angie said...

This made my heart happy. I love you two (and a half)!

Kaitie Jayne said...

You ARE a stalker! And Neal's response was pretty funny. I love you!

Rachel said...

Im going to puke from all the cheese!

Love you.

Cali said...

I love Neal too.

Rich and Brianne said...

You are cute. What a sweet couple!