Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break and Easter

Spring Break, my amazing friend... last year Neal and I went to France, this year I stayed home and lounged all day. Equally enjoyable? Not exactly, but lounging was nice! Here is a picture of me looking HUGE (I really don't look this huge normally, or at least I don't think I do so shhhhhhh) for viewer enjoyment, and to illustrate why international travel wasn't in the cards for us this year.
I planned activities every other day--which was a very great idea. First outing was out to Cheesecake Factory with this girl: it was such a good time! I really miss working with her!
Second outing (excluding the carseat inspection debacle) was getting pretty toes with my favorite Rachels!


When I could no longer reach my toenails to paint them, I asked Neal if he'd give me a pedicure. He looks grossed out and told me he'd pay for someone else to do it... either way works for me! We also went out to lunch. It was a great girls outing! I also ran a few errands, mailed a package to my missionary brother, washed/organized all the baby clothes, had a dr appt, and did a LOT of lounging.... it was so lovely! I hope I'll be able to make it through the rest of this week working again starting tomorrow.. yikes!

Easter was a great day. Yes, I made Neal hide me an Easter Basket-- I love holidays. I think I get it from my mom. Since we're very good at finding hidden baskets, we simply hid a representative egg for each other to trade it for the basket. Neal hid mine in the uninstalled carseat (one of them, anyway) and I hid his buried in the flour bin. He said that was cheating when he finally found-- what a baby! How is that cheating?!?
Neal got me this basket at Michaels while we were dating-- he was very proud of himself!
It was a little hard to find a manly(ish) bucket for Neal, but I think this one is fine. Also I gave him that lovely Easter tie. I also insisted we decorate eggs-- we tried the tie dying with silk ties that everyone is raving about, but for whatever reason, they really didn't turn out. Luckily, we had plan B dye:

I know, mine is cooler. RIGHT?!?!
And to top it all off, we made a DELICIOUS Easter dinner last night. It was so yummy! We were so full I didn't even make the lemon bars I promised Neal... maybe I'll make some today!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Those Easter eggs are very cool! What kind of dye? I can't find interesting dyes anymore...that's why we tried the ties ;-D

Taylor said...

That's funny that you like hiding Easter Baskets. I absolutely refuse to let Shawn hide mine. I HATE looking for them.

Dallas said...

You are one spoiled pregnant lady! Alas, my feet have been neglected since my third trimester with Will... that was 5 YEARS ago, in case you were wondering. You are looking great and I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of that little one.

Melinda said...

That baby must of been stretching! You don't normally look that rotund. :)

Kiersten said...

oh dear--what was the carseat debacle? Good luck the next couple of weeks. You look adorable with your belly, but I'm sure you'll be happy to get rid of it :)