Sunday, March 14, 2010

When bad hair happens to good people....

It's been brought to my attention that I used to have big hair. I must admit, I fell victim to the "Utah Hair" trend during my college days... unfortunately. Some of the pictures of truly horrendous! I have included some below for your viewing pleasure. Too bad I don't have my old Utah license, that was the real deal, folks! Anyway-- here are a couple of examples:

Don't be alarmed, it's just my hair!
Pretty huge right?!? The sad thing is..... you can still see people (especially in Utah) with this same hairstyle! YIKES! Bikes. I poofed until I moved to DC... then I noticed people's hair was a lot more tame, so I tamed it down too. Who had Utah hair? Don't be afraid to admit it!

12 comments:

DGri said...

I have a very distinct memory of you, in the bathroom, ratting your hair. "You can pretty much make your head any shape you want it to be, it all depends on how you rat your hair underneath."

L.O.L.

I love it!

Taylor said...

you were still gorgeous, even with your poofy/ratted hair.

Neal! said...

Good thing you met me in DC, honey. I DEFINITELY wouldn't have been tall enough for you with that Utah-ness!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I love it! Yeah, it takes getting out of Utah (specifically southern Utah) to realize that there is such a thing as "Utah hair." And the tragedy is, it's still everywhere, Hannah. ;) But you still look cute in the pictures.

p.s. You and Neal are a cute couple, and seeing how sweet he is to you all the time makes me like him a lot.

Rachel said...

How funny! Yes, it is true. But you didn't have overdone blond highlights so I'm not sure I could call this "true" Utah hair.

I never had Utah hair. Mostly because I wasn't even cool enough for that. HA! Now out here in the Midwest I'm just curly and seem to fit in okay...

*Meg Larsen* said...

hey, at least it looked reasonably cute on you! It's everywhere in Provo...though I would like to point out that I was never a victim. I also love that in that picture I look taller than you! With dramatically UNPOOFY hair :o)

Anonymous said...

We didn't know you were a blogger! You have to have lived both in, and out of Utah to truly appreciate the not-so-subtle differences like the hair poof.

Samuel R said...

haha that reminds me of the "Bump It" infomercials

rachel said...

I've never ratted my hair but I see it every single day, gross. I'm so glad I didn't know you then, I don't know if I could have seen through your rat's nest and gotten to know the real Hannah ;) LOVE YOU!

Rachel said...

I can proudly admit I don't have Utah hair (nor did I ever) but, at least you've seen the light. :)

Amylee said...

The first picture is bad.... but I can't really tell how bad the last one is. Maybe because it's just like my hair??? If I never leave Utah, I never have to worry about it.

kalie said...

I still rat my hair, I will admit, but it's because I am practically bald on top and it looks WEIRD if I don't.