*his parents :)
*furrowing his eyebrows
*tummy time-- he coos so sweetly!
*baths--he has never cried or even grunted in the tub, which brings me to my next item...
*grunting--(although he is grunting less now)
*his plug (pacifier)
*his bouncer
*being swaddled--it settles him down instantly!
*staring at people and objects while furrowing his brows
*making noise--this kid is LOUD! He is always making some kind of noise.
*snuggling with us
*music and singing
*waiting to be fed--he goes from "I might be hungry" to "If I don't eat immediately I WILL DIE!!!!" in 0.25 seconds...whew!
*his back being rubbed or scratched
*hiccups (actually I'm sure he doesn't mind them, but he grunts after each hiccup like "arg! Hiccups again?!?)
*being far away from the action--luckily we have a one bedroom apartment! ;)
*grunting-- yeah, pretty sure he has a love/hate relationship with grunting... sometimes he does it when he's totally happy and content, other times when he's frustrated and/or pooping
*watching us eat molten cakes--I think he's jealous he's not having one!!!
Gideon is still a super chill baby. He's only been fussy without apparent cause for 30 minutes total his entire life, seriously. Of course, he cries, but usually only after the 0.25 second window he gives us to be fed. He is still easily soothed, and is able to fall asleep very well on his own, which is especially good because I'm too tired to rock him back to sleep in the middle of the night. He just lays in his crib and grunts himself to sleep, so good for him! Lately, I've been pumping a little so Neal can take one of the night feedings since he's been off work this week-- it's AMAZING! I may die when he goes back to work and I won't let him (unless I'm really, really desperate!)... It's funny though because when I get up in the morning and see G, I realize I really missed him while Neal was feeding him. It's nice to sleep though. :)
He is smiling more and more while awake, and we cannot wait for him to smile at us on purpose! He is super alert now, and stays awake for 3 hours straight during the day sometimes! His little dented chin is adorable and we love him to pieces. I cannot believe how much love I feel for him... even when I'm tired and he's taking a while to settle down, I just feel so patient and loving toward him. He is the light of our lives, and we already can't imagine our life without him! I've said it before and I'll say it again.. HE IS THE CUTEST!
Look-- I finally had the energy to go on a walk! (And it wasn't 95 degrees out + humidity... shudder!!!!!)

4 comments:
Look at you all slim!! Gideon is adorable and you are the cutest mom!!
Oh my stars he is so cute and you and Neal are doing great as parents.
He really is the cutest baby!! I was noticing that super flat stomach as well!! :) Tell Neal we want him to update his blog so we can get his take on being a new dad.
I can't wait for summer break so I can come and visit with you two! Congrats on the beginning of your career as stellar parents!
Post a Comment