Sunday, June 19, 2011

TRICKED YA!

My baby and husband are taking naps, and since this activity excludes yours truly, I decided to blog. You see, I have never been able to take naps, period. Not in high school after 6 AM rehearsal, not in college after going to bed at 4 AM, not even when I had mono (although occasionally when I'm sick I'm able too). Everyone told me "you'll be able to once your baby comes" and I am here to report that is NOT the case! For the first two weeks after Gideon was born (while my Mom was here), I napped daily, it's true. And I don't know if my body decided it was recovered, or if I simply can't sleep without my Mom, but I haven't taken a nap since the day she left. I used to force myself to try to nap while Gideon was napping, but it got annoying quickly because I never fell asleep and I would have preferred to be facebook stalking, reading, or watching Numb3rs, so I just accepted the fact that my body doesn't like to nap and moved on. But I digress.....
It's weird to blog on Father's Day without mentioning it, so HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I truly have the best Father, Father in law, and baby Daddy in the entire world, for which I am VERY THANKFUL!
Anyway, back to the point of this post: I am a homebody. Yes, it's true. Surprised? Many of you will be surprised to hear this, and I don't know exactly why.... because I'm outgoing and social? Because I'm loud and funny? Because I have a lot of friends? In any case, I really am a homebody. Neal claims "bait and switch" because he had no idea of this until we got married, although he did have a small inkling once we started dating seriously. The truth of the matter is, I'd rather be home in my pj's eating treats and watching movies than out being social, plain and simple, ESPECIALLY after I found my one and only. That cut down drastically on my social inclinations.
Since I've had Gideon, people are always asking me "are you able to get out much?" or "are you sure you won't go crazy staying home with a baby?!?" The thing is, I prefer to be home. I call myself lazy because I love just lounging at home. Last summer, I would work out every single day, but other than that, I might have only left the house once or twice a week. I love my friends, I love seeing people and keeping in touch with them, and I love a good lunch date now and then, but I rarely get lonely being home alone all day, and frequent social gatherings aren't my favorite thing. So there you have it, something you might not have known about me. Other things you might not know about me:
--It's nearly impossible for me to refrain my wincing when I hear people say "irregardless" or "but yet" ... "literally" also falls into this category because people do not know when to use it! I am literally typing. I am not literally laughing my head off, got it?
--I liked the movie "Crossroads" with Brittney Spears
--I loathe putting the clothes from the washer in the dryer... *shudder*
--I love Mac & Cheese, but prefer the store brand over Kraft
--I took a tap dancing class at SUU for fun
--I am certified in SCUBA, mostly to prove to myself my fear of sharks doesn't control me (and what did I see during the certification dive? You guessed it.)
--I think Eminem is brilliant but totally inappropriate
and last but not least...
--I think my husband is best and my baby is the cutest! Oh, you already knew that? Seriously?


8 comments:

rachel said...

This is why we work. Loud, funny, life of the party, etc BUT I love being home. I'm sure it confuses people but what could be better than lounging at home with treats?

Nothing.

Neal! said...

Luckily, staying home with you is pretty dang fun...and the treats don't hurt either ; )

Kaitie Jayne said...

Literally (haha) five of your little know facts could also have been mine! SISTERS! Love you!

Taylor said...

there are people who don't like the movie Crossroads?

AmandaStretch said...

Regarding the "homebody" thing - is it possible you are an introvert? That is: someone who recharges by having solo time vs. someone who needs to be around people? Discovering that I am introverted has really opened my eyes to why I can't party all weekend and that it's okay to turn down social invitations if you're drained. Here's a recent article about it, which also references my favorite book on the subject. http://www.carlkingcreative.com/10-myths-about-introverts

Certainly something to think about!

Shelley said...

I am with you on the homebody thing. Part of it is pure laziness though. Great post.

Caleb said...

Treats are good. so is being lazy. good job Hannah

DGri said...

Hmmmmm, I'm the same way (homebody) and it's a new development for me, too. However, like somebody else already said, I've learned I'm--in fact--an introvert! Wha?

Also, take more pictures of baby and post, cause he is REALLY, REALLY cute!

I would love to come say hello once I've relocated to the land of DC, please say it can be arranged!