Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm not a Master loser anymore!

I often joke that I'm a Master loser: I have my Masters... but for almost a year haven't been able to procure a full time year using my Masters degree (which, if you have no idea, is FRENCH--very marketable--yeah.....) For the last year I've taught at American University in DC, which I LOOOOOOOVE but at the same time-- one class a semester a) isn't a lot of money and b) isn't enough FRENCH! plus c) I feel like a bum. so I've been hunting and hunting, getting very discouraged, and wondering when I should give up trying to use my degree and do something lame just to have a job. well.... in case you can't tell where I'm going with this I GOT A FULL TIME JOB! I'll be teaching at Nysmith School for the gifted in Herndon, VA! HOORAY! I am so excited! About this excited:
Wow folks, that is excited!!! And the best part about it is I don't start until the week before Labor day... that means I can be a bum all summer! okay, I'll be teaching one class, but now I don't have to feel bad about it! I will also continue to teach at AU because I LOVE it, so life is good!

In other news: we still have cockroaches and may have to move. They are just too gross and we've had the apartment exterminate and put down boric acid everywhere! Neal says there are less now, and the ones that he does see are "sluggish, like they're dying" so we'll see..... GROSS!

I guess I'm the only one who knows how to look disgusted--Neal just looks blurry... interesting.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

EW! I HATE BUGS! Neil is brave.

rachel said...

Did you know that Neal gets a blurry face when disgusted before you agreed to marry him? Congrats on the new job! Don't take any crap from those kids!

Jessica said...

Hannah!!! I just found your blog. I haven't seen you in forever! (I hope you and Roslyn remember me) Congrats on getting married! I hope you get rid of those nasty bugs soon! =)

Jessica Reames Allen

Barb said...

Congrats on your job!! That rocks. Look at you, such an adult. =) I love it.

Anonymous said...

Why is there never a blurry Hannah picture, I want to know? Hmmm.
Sorry your cozy little cottage is not turning out to be ideal YET. Did Meg tell you about her place? I was curious why they painted the walls black at the back of all the kitchen cabinets, under the sinks, etc. UNTIL we found out it was all mildewed absolutely dead black everywhere. These are your and Neal's "Good old days" don't you know?

superegobear said...

Hannah! Congrats on the new job! It's kind of weird but I haven't gotten your invite yet...am I still invited?
p.s. I really HATE roaches and that's one of the reasons why I consider living in Utah...

Amylee said...

Congrats on the job! You are like, a REAL grown up. Very neat. I plan on being one of those someday.

And the apartment... makes me laugh! I'm sorry that YOU have to live there, but just think about the stories you'll be able to tell your kids one day about the hole you used to have to live in. Good times. And, good luck with the cockroaches. I would rather die.