Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend has been WONDERFUL! I feel like there's a dearth of pictures to show it, but I guess I'm out of practice taking pictures now, since my camera was getting repaired. My cousin Thomas called me Thursday night and wanted to come stay with us with 2 friends. I had an exhausting week, and wasn't really looking forward to it (no offense if you're reading this, Thomas) but it ended up being really fun. Thomas is really great and a very courteous house guest! He did the dishes and even bought us dinner! We had a family BBQ hosted by Chase and Cait to celebrate Traci's birthday and saw a lot of family. It was really fun and YUMMY FOOD! Here's birthday girl, taken from Cait's blog:

And here's Thomas. He is very tall.

In other news, it's been really hot this weekend... so hot that if you left a birthday candle in Neal's car for an hour, it would look like this:

Oops! We were going to do something big and exciting on Monday, but instead ending up organizing and cleaning. It was actually really nice! Neal made this pancake and was offended I couldn't tell what it was:

Any guesses as to what this is supposed to be?

11 comments:

rachel said...

The St Louis Arch

Rachel said...

I'm offended too. I mean really, you can't tell what this is??

Sheesh!

(ha ha ha ha ha ha)

Cali said...

I love that Thomas even brought his own towel! He was a great house guest. The pancake is delicate arch.

Rachel said...

The arches of course! haha. I think I know Neal better then you do ;)

Melanie said...

It looks exactly like it, too!

Amylee said...

What in the world??? Neil obviously hasn't seen the blog that is dedicated to pancakes- now that guy knows what he's doing.

Taylor said...

um, i couldn't think of a guess that wasn't a crude body part. but i'm glad you had a good weekend.

Cait said...

Its either a turd or Captain Hook's hook gone rusty. But yay my baby is cute!

The Wood Family said...

can I say that i'm a little jealous of all the fun places you guys have been going lately? fun, fun, fun. As for the pancake... hmmm... I was thinking the Moab arches, but I don't know.

Kristine said...

An upside down "J"

StrongerFamilies said...

Dude - it's obvious that Neal made this in remembrance of one of his favorite childhood storybooks, http://www.baby-books-guide.com/image-files/the-very-hungry-caterpillar-01.jpg