Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My birthday!


My dad always says if someone forgets your birthday, if your fault, and I totally agree. Because of this, I tend to get a lot of attention on my birthday, and I love it!!! I was pretty nervous about being sick, since I went home from work early on Monday and felt MISERABLE all day. Luckily, Heaven smiled on me and I slept really well Monday night and woke up feeling great!!! (My faith in prayer is slowly renewing after the whole lost stocking fiasco). Neal and I had both taken the day off-- best idea ever!!!
Of course I wanted to open my presents the minute I woke up, so I did! I was so thrilled by all my gifts. My siblings had all sent gifts to the house, as well as my parents (we're pretty big on birthday spoiling in my family)! Neal got me the absolute most thoughtful gifts ever... exhibit A:

For the past YEAR I have been disappointed that Panera has apparently discontinued my favorite salad. It's the one with pears, feta, walnuts and dried cherries with a cherry vinaigrette. As you can see, Neal went to Panera and asked them everything that goes into the salad and dressing, and went out and bought all the ingredients. Also, he got me tulips!!!! :)

Here I am, in all my morning bed-head glory, so excited about the presents!

Then Neal made me a delicious breakfast of homemade Tapioca Pudding, fresh strawberries, and toast (white bread toast, no less!!!)

Then we went for a lovely walk and relaxed. Well, I relaxed and Neal cleaned the house. We then did TaeBo, and as you might imagine, Neal took it pretty seriously! We went to Cheesecake Factory for a late lunch/early dinner and had Chicken Madeira--- YUMMY! We didn't even get cheesecake because I wanted a different birthday dessert. Then, Neal took me to "Sur la Table" (LOVE IT!) and let me pick out a few kitchen things. Then we went home and Neal made brownies from scratch and homemade ice cream (sour cream vanilla-- AMAZING) and cut up some fresh strawberries. Then, Neal surprised me with the most thoughtful present in the history of thoughtful presents... tickets to go see "The Last Five Years!" I was SHOCKED and totally thrilled. Last summer when we went to Ohio, I made Neal listen to the all the music and told him the story. It's actually a really cool idea-- it's a musical about a relationship (a five year one... get it?) The woman's first song is after the divorce, and the man's first song is right after they first met. The meet up in the middle for their wedding and sing a duet at the end about saying goodbye-- she's saying goodbye after their first date, he's saying goodbye after their divorce-- it's AMAZING! Anyway, so last August we listened to it on our roadtrip and I told Neal I have always wanted to see it. I had NO idea it was even in town--Neal looked into it all my himself and bought the tickets. We're going on May 22 and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! So that gives Neal enough bonus points to never get me a present again, but don't tell him! ;)

Cali and Josh came over for dessert, along with the cute Piper who PEED RIGHT ON OUR FLOOR but she's still pretty darn cute.



All and all, it was an absolutely AMAZING birthday, one of my best ever, and I'm so grateful for Neal, and for my wonderfully thoughtful family and friends! I am such a lucky girl!!!!

8 comments:

Brittney said...

So I read the whole birthday story because it really does sound like an awesome day to me! Ryan also lives to let everyone know when it is his big day.

Barb said...

I love that you make a big deal out of your birthday too. I'm still a child when it comes to mine! Ry knows weeks in advance and is reminded daily. I hate when women don't say a word and wait for their husbands to drop the ball just so they can be mad...dumb wives. Communicate! Then don't be disappointing. Love you Han!

Kiersten said...

Chicken Madeira is my favorite at Cheesecake Factory. And I walked around in Sur La Table at the Gateway the other day and was practically drooling over everything. It sounds like you had an awesome day! What a cute husband you have! I love that you go all out to celebrate your birthday. I actually remember having a sleepover at your house for your birthday one year :)

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day!

Cali said...

sorry about the pee...but, at least she said "bye" to you and waved when we left.

Rich and Brianne said...

That was quite the celebration! Glad you had such a great day.

Melanie said...

this is caleb
piper PEED RIGHT ON THE FLOOR
Fun.

Taylor said...

NEAL IS AMAZING FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS tickets. Big Kuddos!