Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My sisters...

Okay, Kaitie wasn't born yet, but how precious is this pic!
Here's Kaitie... look how cute we are!


I've been thinking lately about how much I love my sisters. I decided to blog a tribute to them, although Cinda never reads the blog and Tay will probably have the baby and not see it for weeks. They truly are my best friends, and I love them each dearly.
TAYLOR:
Taylor has become one of my closest friends--my "go to" person. We certainly didn't always get along (especially when I flipped her off when she was 21 and she TATTLED on me and I got in huge trouble ;) haha) but over the past few years, we have talked at LEAST twice a week and I've gone out and visited her the past couple Thanksgivings. I'm DYING to go this year, but ticket prices are NOT co-operating! Taylor is HILARIOUS, easy to talk to, great at giving advice and NEVER judges. She is really good at checking in with me and making sure I'm okay, (except in France... she only called me ONCE the whole time I was there to tell me she was pregnant.. SHEESH!!!!!) She is beautiful and easy going, and a GREAT mom. It's so fun to see her actually enjoying babies!
CALI:
I LOVE living so close to Cali. She is a great example of service and love. She is well loved and adored by everyone! It's fun now to see her being a mom--she is patient and loving with Piper. Cali is very thoughtful, beautiful, and is very good at sharing her testimony in nonmormony ways. ;) Cali is generous with her time and her talents. Cali is extremely genuine, and is a joy to be around. She is always smiling and kind. I am impressed with her ability to make people feel comfortable, whatever their background. She is a hard worker and a lot to live up to! I try to keep in on the DL that I'm her sister, because those are pretty big shoes to fill out here!
CINDA/KAITIE:
Kaitie is GORGEOUS and also extremely fun to be around. We have soooo many fun childhood memories, including the name Cinda-- which is a name we called each other when we were little, thinking that was the name you called each other to play house, etc. Who knows why, but that has stuck to this day! Also, we referred to a single item of clothing as a "clo" which I still think is hilarious. Cinda used to call her down comforter a "down comfortable" and when I corrected her, my Mom was very disappointed because it was "so cute." Let me just say I LOVE YOU, CINDA because when we were younger, I refused to tell her I loved her for some reason. (I was too cool, I guess). She would say "goodnight Hannah, I love you." and I would reply "cool." Kaitie is brilliant, cheerful, funny, and very likable.

I am so grateful for my sisters. I talk with each of them often, and wouldn't have it any other way. Neal thought it was a little weird at first, but now he's used to the fact that my sisters probably know everything about everything ;) I don't make friends with girls very easily, and I'm not very good a reaching out and calling my girlfriends I do have (sorry ladies!) but I do manage to keep in touch almost daily with my each of my sisters--we have a special bond that I love and cherish MAYBE even more than peach pie. I'm not sure how many children I want to have, but when I think of my life without my sisters, I'm inclined to have at least 4. Of course I adore my brothers as well, but this post is for the girls.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Cute post!

Thank heavens for sisters!

Cali said...

Han - that is a wonderful post! I love my sisters too. We are very fortunate. Thanks for taking the time to write it down (and the pictures are adorable).

Rich and Brianne said...

Cute, cute. I can attest that your sisters are cool--well really I can only attest about Cali since I don't know the others--but, Cali is way cool. So I'm sure the others are too!

rachel said...

I love the flipping off story! Ha ha! I would have tattled as well ;)

Barb said...

Sisters are THE best!! I would not be the same without mine, for sure! Cute post Han! And don't worry...I don't call you either. =) Good thing we know we still love each other!

Taylor said...

I HAVE NOT HAD LITTLE BUDDY yet so I am reading your blog. which I guess is one advantage of not having him yet. but, no offense, I think I'd rather be at the hospital right now. Not that your post isn't beautiful and flattering. I am gratified to read that you find me hilarious especially considering what you titled the link to my blog.

Melanie said...

Caleb's response: WHAT!!!?? No brothers??!!!

Kaitie Jayne said...

Thanks Cinda! You are so great! I hope you do go to Tay's for Thanksgiving - Logan and I have been talking about it too! Awesome! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hannah, what a lovely tribute to your sisters. You are so lucky! Meg considers you her sister as well as we weren't lucky enough to have literal ones.