Saturday, August 29, 2009

Seven random facts about MOI!


On my run this morning, I was thinking of several odd things about me... and then I decided to blog about it while I cool down.

1) I hate, loathe and abhor the movie "The Notebook." Why do all girls (and even some MEN) love it so much? LOVE TRIANGLE PEOPLE... loves triangles are ridiculous--that ruined "Pearl Harbor" for me too. I do like some chick flicks... but ones with love triangles are NOT AMONG THOSE!

2) I am a compulsive smeller... I HAVE to smell something before I eat it unless I made it myself. I smell milk every time I use it. Even at big BBQs and such, I discretely smell things before putting them on my plate (okay, it's probably not that discrete, but oh well).

3) I can't stand putting the clothes from the washer into the dryer. Yes, I know they're clean but they're just wet and clammy and cold and it gives me the heebie geebies (I don't think I've ever written that... how in the world do you spell it?!?)

4) Although I try not to, I judge people who like the epilogue of the final Harry Potter book.... 11 years later? kids named Severus and Albus, are you kidding me?!?! I typically don't like it when an author tries to tie up every loose end imaginable-- just let it go.

5) I RARELY (as in NEVER) backpedal... i.e. when you say "I hate 'The Notebook'" and your BFF says "I LOVE IT!" and then you say "well, I guess I like it fine." I stand firm with my opinions, even in the face of adversity (see number 1) and I don't conform. Cullen would confirm this... I was saying how agnostics bother me... I mean choose a side for crying out loud.. be atheist, but don't be agnostic! He quietly says "well, I consider myself agnostic." and I said "ummmm.... well....you bother me then." If I didn't backpedal then, I never will! ;)

6) I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE cookie dough! I could eat it every day and never get sick of it. If I haven't gotten salmonella by now, it doesn't exist. I prefer cookie dough to real cookies, unless it's a gooey, warm skookie, and even then I would probably rather just eat the dough.

7) I have to spit into the sink before brushing my teeth... I noticed this a few years ago. I don't know why, it's just become a habit and I don't even realize I'm doing it.

Well there you have it. Are there random facts about you that you've been dying to share?!?

11 comments:

Barb said...

That pretty much cracks me up Han! I'm not a compulsive smeller - but I do smell everything!! Ry says my nose is ultra sensitive. We lived in a 2 story, came home one day, & as we walked in I could tell our towels upstairs needed to be washed.

I love that you don't back pedal!

Taylor said...

ugh. the notebook. WHAT A HORRIBLE MOVIE. Did you know one of Mom's friends recommended she read/watch it because of Grandpa being in a nursing home. BARF. Do you know my least favorite thing about that movie? The fact that they act like the ending is some "big reveal" when in fact it is SO OBVIOUS. To ben honest, I pretty much think that every book written by Nicholas Sparks and every movie based on a book written by Nicholas Sparks is complete drivel. and I am not going to back pedal on that.

Taylor said...

p.s. I'm pretty sure that Ben Affleck ruined Pearl Harbor, not the love triangle. That and my aquaintance sobbing in the seat next to me. awkward.

Rachel said...

I don't know why, but I like love triangles. Probably because most of my dating life, I was in one. So I can relate. And I love the passion! No matter if it is sad or happy. I can't help myself, not sure why though. I'm weird.

*Meg Larsen* said...

I liked the Notebook the first time I saw it because I was stuck in the middle of a nasty love triangle (as you well know) and I actually sympathized with the girl.

Watched it a few months ago--HORRIBLE. She drove me nuts the entire time and I just wanted to smack her around....

Is it backpedaling if you legitimately change your opinion?

MStevenson said...

I HAVE to get you my cookie dough truffle recipe, it tastes exactly like cookie dough but without any eggs in it. you can eat it all the time if you want and its twice as good dipped in chocolate in truffle form. :)

I compulsively smell my babies bum to make sure he does have a poopy. Probably didn't care to know that.

I wish I didn't have to put wet clothes into the dryer but for a completely different reason....laziness. I wish they would invent one machine that did both. So you wouldn't have to take it out.

Amylee said...

Ha! I love The Notebook; partially because I love Rachel McAdams because she reminds me of Kalie Rae on stage. It's true. You'll think of her every time now that I've mentioned it.

I think people like you because of your strong opinions. If they don't, they are fools. And I will never backpedal on that :o).

Rich and Brianne said...

I really like your non-backpedaling stance. Way to be strong. And I agree, cookie dough is WAY better than the actual cookie.

Shelley said...

There was some stuff I was just happier not knowing.

Trent said...

the notebook is seriously the grossest thing ive ever seen. and amen to the epilogue too. its awful, and frankly it insulted my intelligence as a reader. silly jk rowling.

Amber said...

A great post! I think it's great when people are so aware of themselves and what they are made of. I have to agree with you about the epilogue, and the notebook. But the part that way turned me off was the naked in the scary old house scene - seriously?!? But I do like those two main actors.

And it's great that you don't backpedal. I am ashamed to admit that I do. My people pleasing addiction, I guess.