Well, we just got back from a weekend trip to THE Ohio. The main purpose of our trip was this:

That's right, my buddy Cullen's wedding. Oh how I love this man.... he kept me sane and laughing in France and in Bowling Green. I got to know his gorgeous bride in France and Bowling Green as well, and they were DELIGHTED we came out for the wedding, which made the whole trip worth it. I vowed I would never set foot back in Bowling Green, and I didn't, don't worry. We were in Toledo and Maumee. I had to admit... Ohio was infinitely better when I wasn't living there, and I was with Neal, it was nearly likable, I daresay--and gorgeous!

We also took the opportunity to go to
Cedar Point which is seriously the BEST amusement park ever!!! It has a terrifying yet thrilling ride pictured here: which is over 400 ft. tall and you go 120 miles/hour in less than 4 seconds.... ummm AMAZING!

Notice to the right you can see the sky coaster completely dwarfed... this was high folks!!! I was nervous, even though I've been on it before, but Neal was giddy as a school boy and we LOVED IT! NOTE: I also didn't cry this time, so good for me. here's a link
here to watch a youtube video someone posted of themselves on the ride... it's pretty impressive.

Friday night we met up with my buddy Andrew, and his girlfriend. I will love them always and forever because they brought a little piece of Bowling Green heaven up to Toledo...

The cookie jar! Thank you, thank you. That was the second or third most thoughtful thing ever.
Saturday was the wedding. I have to say, it was my first completely non mormon wedding ever... I'm from Utah, I can't help it! After the ceremony, I teased Cullen (the agnostic) about the mention of God. He said "I know, right? I tried to cut it out where I could... but she was a minister, after all!" I got a kick out of that. It was great to be there.

Flashbacks to France...


I'm really glad Neal and I decided to brave the 8 hour drive-- I'm glad Cullen got to meet him and I'm so glad I got to see Cullen get married! I'm even glad I went back to Ohio because I got to see some of my dear friends that made my time there bearable. (Note: I was also writing my thesis IN FRENCH, as well as taking 4 other classes that were kicking my butt, so I think that also contributed to the Ohio abhorrence.) Anyway, great weekend--it was fun to have Neal meet my Ohio side. Plus, everything is more fun with Neal. :)
7 comments:
How fun! Um...that ride would seriously put me into convulsions.
Han - in the last picture, do you have a fan blowing your hair on purpose? You guys are a very cute couple. Sorry we couldn't come.
Hannah-
Quit looking so gorgeous all the time.
-Amylee
Oh- and next time you go to an amusement park LIKE THAT, you should invite me.
So fun! Mini Vacations are the best!
What a super cute couple you two make. It is fake looking really. AND Ohio has TWO amazing amusement parks. Sandusky in Cinncinati. There also, believe it or not, used to be a Sea World in Ohio!! And it was better than the FL or CA ones, as it had a water ski show that was seriously cooler than shamu. Love you!
Aw, Hannah girl! You are beautiful! The only picture missing from my Utah trip was one of you and me. We need to find time to see each other! I heart you.
Post a Comment