Sunday, August 16, 2009

Secret peach rendez-vous...

As many of you know, the first date that Neal took me on was peach picking. I was so excited he FINALLY asked me out, after WEEKS of me turning on the Hannah charm. The peach orchard was an hour away, but we didn't even notice the long drive as we talked and laughed. After peach picking, because Neal didn't want to say goodbye just yet, he suggested a picnic at Great Falls National Park which was also SO MUCH FUN. I realized our potential after that first night. Neal, however, took MONTHS but I digress.

Here is us last August ('08) peach picking:
If you haven't already surmised... we went peach picking again this year. It was precious!
It was a blast (but super muggy and BUGS EVERYWHERE). We got delicious peaches (two pecks to be exact) that are spread out on our kitchen counter to ripen. We also got fresh corn on the cob which is the best corn I've had in a while.. too bad we only got a dozen ears.

In other news, I was the official baby wrangler for Cali and Josh's family pictures... aka the one to try to coax piper into smiling. She was actually the least smiley I've seen her (she was suspicious of the photographer) but I think the pics will turn out great! Here's one I snapped:
And I can't resist posting this: is she not the CUTEST?
And last but not least, Taylor had her baby, so now I have a nephew on my side! (Neal has 8) Asher Michael Johnson was born on 8/08. I'm DYING to go see them.... I'm trying my hardest to make it happen, but I have very limited personal vacation days. :( I'm sure I'll make it work though, and I can't wait to see them!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Could Piper look anymore like Cali!? Seriously. She's so stinkin' cute. Now I need fresh peaches...=)

josh said...

great pictures! Hannah I don't know why you and Neal didn't wear the same outfits peach picking that you did last year. (cali)

Taylor said...

Pip is adorable (I've decided to help Grandma Neville out with her nickname quest for Lanie). and you forgot to tell anyone that Ash was 9 pounds 11 ounces! (Can you tell that I am a little proud of myself for pushing that giant kid out).

kalie said...

aw, how presh! I remember when you called me after that date and were like ... kalierae! I think I am going to marry Neal ... and I was like ... it's about FREAKING time! :) I love you.

Unknown said...

Reminds me of the song "A Bushel and a Peck" from Guys and Dolls. I think you should have Neal sing it to you next time you go peach picking.

I love you a bushel and peck
A bushel and peck and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap
A barrel and a heap and I'm talking in my sleep
About you, about you ...

tcoray said...

HI, HANNAH! I'm loving your blog.

It's berry season 'round these parts. Salmonberry madness. I had never heard of them until moving up here. They're like raspberries on steroids and make decent jelly.

Keep in touch. Looks like you two are having fun.

rachel said...

Uh...where's the shout out to me for NOT going on your first date with you and Neal? :)