Monday, August 31, 2009

Our artistic ability, fine dining and Kent comes out....

Lately, Neal and I have been more adventurous in our dates. I take the blame for the lack thereof, as sometimes I just don't feel like going out. ANYWAY-- our first excitement was Color Me Mine--the paint your own pottery place. Although $$$$ (we did it about as cheap as you can and it was $50) it was A BLAST! I did remember, however, that I am not a very artistic person. I mustered what I could though, I can't help it if it's only squiggleys and flowers......Neal had a Moab motif going on in his.. with the red rock, blue sky and inside the bowl was a night sky with stars.. very nice. I just picked up the bowls today and they are amazing!
I feel the inside of my bowl really shows off my abilities.... anyway.

Our next adventure was Restaurant Week. In DC, twice a year, fancy restaurants do a set price for a SLIM selection of three courses. We went to "La Bergerie" and it was delightful. Neal even tried escargot... and liked it! It was the best I've had. I was a little disappointed that the restaurant week choices were pretty blah... but that is to be expected, I suppose. Still, at 35$ a person, I want AMAZINGNESS! The food really was delicous though, and I was tickled to speak French all night to the manager who had to fill in as a waiter because of the crowds. The only weird part about my main dish was the garlic flan.... I could NOT get used to the texture and the fact that it was warm. It seemed like it should have been sweet... not garlic.
Crême brulé.... Delicous! Sorry for the darkness... I just felt weird taking pictures in a place that nice.. so I tried to do so inconspicuously. And last, but NOT LEAST, Kent, one of Neal's best friends, came out for a visit. It was AWESOME! It also gave Neal a good chance to see DC since he really hasn't.... I, on the other hand, have seen the sights A LOT but I still enjoy it. Just not the Holocaust Museum and the tour of the Capitol. The Holocaust Museum is about a once in a lifetime thing for me and I've done the Capitol tour no less than 5 times.

Neal and Kent REALLY like taking pictures. Kent was loads of fun to have around, and Neal was giddy to have him come out. They've been best friends for almost 10 years now, and it was fun for me to get to know him better. HOORAY FOR GOOD TIMES!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Your bowls are wonderful, I am so impressed!
Re: escargot, the only good snail is a dead snail. I love chewing up the little beasties! Your French meal looks fabulous. Was their crême brulé better than mine?