
Well, Neal and I just got back from our first vacation! (everyone knows the honeymoon doesn't count) Neal has oodles of Marriott points from traveling for work, and he also got Thursday and Friday off for the 4th, so we decided to celebrate our nation's independence by leaving the country.... that's right, we went here:

and here:

After crossing the border, we immediately heard "aboot" (which some people claim I say) and "eh" and saw Poutine everywhere.. it was quite the stereotype come true! We stayed on the Canadian side of the Niagara Falls near Toronto and for the first time in my life, I got to see the Canadian Side of the falls-- I LOVED IT! It's waaaaaay better than the American side, in my humble opinion. It wasn't even pouring rain the whole time! Here are some pics! This is the best way to get a picture with Neal:

Thumbs up for the Canadian Side:

I'm such a rebel:

We had to stay until the Falls were lit because Neal didn't even believe me that it happened...

The next day we went to Toronto-- I have to say, it was pretty ghetto. BUT at least we say a great play and ate Poutine. If you don't know what Poutine is, it's a super famous French-Canadian dish with french fries, cheese curd and gravy.. healthy, isn't it? DELICIOUS!

Toronto gets a thumbs down:

But I sure do love my husband! We had a blast, and the 8 1/2 hour car ride flew by-- well, as much as it can anyway, that's a looooooong car ride!

It was a GREAT trip-- and even better that the hotel was free! I wish Neal had 2 days off every week!
9 comments:
Eric assures me that there are SOME cool things to do in Toronto, as he lived in the city for two years on his mission. I for one would like some proof :o)
Those pictures are great and you look gorgeous, like always! marriage must make you happy :o)
So fun!! Those pics are great. My sis & her husband love poutine!
We were there a year ago! Our trip was also super fun, but alas, we did not traverse to the canadian side :( I'll call you soon!!! Loves!
Looks like you had tons of fun!!! Little weekend vacations are the best when it's just you and the hub!!!
looks like fun times! poutine sounds a little bit...intense. and by intense i mean gross.
I love that trip. It looks like fun. You are super cute. I am LOVING that hair on you.
WOW. An 8 1/2 hour car ride for a 2 day trip. You must love your husband! I would love to see Niagra Falls one day- it looks gorgeous.
Sidenote: You should see "New In Town". Totally stereotypical. Totally hilarious.
Neal, that is some serious camera equipment you've got there. Trying to keep an eye on your apartment while you were away?
Great rainbow pic. You two look perfectly happy too. Storybook life, huh?
Post a Comment